Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Wednesday ramblings

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Last night me and the girls went to the mall for our monthly girly get together. We tried Pucks Express for dinner. It wasn’t bad. They have a fabulous variety of food and the prices are quite reasonable. ($6-8 range) Especially considering this is all in the mall where even McDonalds cost you more than normal.

We also explored a little shop there called PB Loco. And we had SO much fun. We sampled some very unique peanut butter mixes. (including sun dried tomato) And they gave us a piece of their feature sandwich – Smore’s. OH MY STARS! It was amazing. Here’s what they do – take two pieces of wheat bread smear them with peanut butter and marshmallow fluff then sprinkle on chocolate chips, crumble graham cracker and then take the sandwich (shmush it a little) and then grill it. Alright, so it’s a diabetic shock waiting to happen but DAMN was it good.

I know you will all be shocked to hear that I found a fabulous pair of shoes. Black pumps with white stitching and a sexy little diagonal buckle thing going. They are actually one of the more grown-up “corporate America” pairs of shoes now in my closet. I tried to find a picture of them on the internet but didn’t have any luck. I modeled them for Girl J and she made a comment that went something like – “Oh bitch, you HAVE to get those, those are fabulous, just fabulous.” So of course I listened to her.

50 cent crack whore
I have started to pull together my “Paris Hilton” outfit for the trip to California with Lily. I have found a fabulous faux fur vest in a snow leopard like print. I also found a fabulous and huge pair of black earrings. At this point the plan is to wear the vest with a black shirt underneath, jeans, and then a pair of black boots. Understated and not quite the 50 cent crack whore I was going for but still for me, WAY out of my normal comfort zone.

On the Puppy Front
The pups are doing marvelous right now. Caleb is getting more comfortable with us. We had our morning session of playing ball and today when I went to gather up all his little stuffed toys for another round of toss he didn’t shy away from me. Normally when I gather balls he scoots far away from me if one of the balls is close by. But this morning he allowed me to pick them up and he didn’t move away. That’s HUGE.

Lily loves to be on the couch with me. She is huge into what we have coined “Schnuffeling” in which she wriggles around burying her little nose in the couch cushions, under our arm, under our leg. And while she is doing that her whole body contorts and wiggles. It’s too cute. If Sophie is up with me (which she usually is) then she schnuffels all over and around and under her too.

New Blogger
I have decided I will take the big leap and switch to the new blogger over the weekend. That way I have several hours to tweak and play. I have copied into a word document my entire blog history so that if I loose everything I still have a record of all the crap I blogged about. And I have copied all of my links and the info for my stats. I’ll keep my fingers crossed and jump in with both eyes open wide.

I need a maid or maybe just a miracle
I’m also hosting Saturday Breakfast with my girlfriends. This should be interesting. I will have to figure out a way to make the house presentable enough that they don’t feel the urge to call the health inspector. But to do this I have to get up at the crack of dawn that same day. To even think that I can clean a day or two before is just ludicrous. Hell, I can’t even clean up stuff in the morning without Lily trailing behind me grabbing everything up and taking it back to the living room. It’s hopeless. Of course it cracks me up that as I clean a path through my living room the path is returning to it’s original disastrous state right behind me. Sigh……………..

Gone Fish'n
I think Newt’s Muse will be closed tomorrow due to having to go out in the field and train a group of service techs. I love these training days. They are a nice break from routine. And best of all – I get to wear grubbies. Chick operating heavy machinery HERE I COME!

4 comments:

Kell said...

*Sigh* I think I need some new shoes therapy.

Sounds like the puppies are doing so well. And you're right, it's best to leave the cleaning until right before they get there because it's just too hard to keep up with dogs in the house. They're your friends, they'll understand.

And that sandwich sounds amazing! I've had peanut butter and marshmallow fluff, but with chocolate and graham crackers?!? Brilliant! This sounds like my kind of store.

Have fun tomorrw.

Tink said...

No Newt tomorrow? NOOOOOOO!
...
*Sniff* I'm OK now. Thank you for letting me have a moment.

That sandwich sounds so good! Like a PMS dream.

I'm so glad the pups are doing well. Man did they luck out by being adopted by the right parents or what? When I die I want to go back in time and come through as one of your dogs. Seriously. I'll do tricks and shit.

You're switching to Beta? Don't do it girl! It's a trick! Oh alright. Whatever. Just tell me how it goes OK?

Anonymous said...

Those are some pretty lucky puppies.

Switching to Beta isn't all that hard. Hell, if I could figure it out, anyone can.

Anonymous said...

Girl, you're gonna have to get mroe bling if you want to pull off the Paris Hilton 50 cent crack whore look. Get yourself to any hair scrunchy place in the mall, Hot Topic or Wet Seal and go nuts.