Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The things that cross my mind

So it’s 3 am and I wake from a pretty nice dead sleep. And a joke pops into my head.

Unknown person: “So, pretty good on the puppy progress.”
Newt: “Thanks, we’re trying pretty hard.”
Unknown person: “Yeah, I tried so hard my puppy progressed into a cat.”

So this is what wakes me up. I dream a bad joke.

And now I am pretty much wide awake. And I also realize that the hubster is not in bed. He must have fallen asleep on the couch with the cat. As happens quite often. Plus he hasn’t been feeling good so he may have stayed downstairs due to the sneezing and stuffiness.

So now I REALLY can’t sleep. I turn on the light to read. BIG mistake. Huge! Too bright. Eye’s aren’t as awake as the rest of me. Not to mention that Sophie is squinting at me with looks of pure annoyance. Ok, let’s try reading with a book light under the covers.

Too stuffy………….

Well hell, now what do I do? If I get up and move at all the pups will hear and start barking. Which will wake up hubster.

Awwww crap. I guess I will just lay here.

3:17
3:24
3:30
3:41

At 4:15 the hubster comes up to bed. As I thought he didn’t want to keep me up since he was hacking and stuffy.

But apparently hacking and stuffy is okay at 4:15. I’m getting up in two hours anyway right?

4:21
4:47
5:01
5:14
5:34

Oh goody, it’s almost time to get up.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Radio: “It’s a breezy 17 degrees in the Twin Cities. Lot’s of sunshine but wind chill temp’s around 6 degrees…………”

Thank all that is good in this world that there is coffee.

Nuff said.

4 comments:

Jay said...

Oh I hate nights like that. I usually do that on nights when I hve to get up to go somewhere or for an early appointment. I wake up every 15 mins and check the clock because I'm afraid I won't hear the alarm.

Kell said...

I get my best sleep about an hour before I have to get up. That's mainly because it seems to take me that long to get to sleep in the first place.

Hope the hubster is feeling better soon.

Tink said...

Hey, bad jokes are better than bad dreams right?

I couldn't get back to sleep this morning either. Only mine began with me dreaming I was reaching for something and then smacking Hoop in the face because I really was reaching for something and then he grumbled "Getoffme" and I woke up and couldn't for the life of me fall back asleep... Or remember what the hell I was reaching for.

Betty said...

I hate nights like that. I usually get up and take a couple of Tylenols. I have convinced myself that Tylenol helps me sleep. Go figure.