Monday, November 13, 2006

Monday Mayhem

RUSH RUSH RUSH

Have to get to work for a meeting at 8. Has anyone ever tried to get MY hubster out the door early? It’s impossible. I even dragged my sorry ass out of bed at 5:30 this morning to try to help the process along. I was shooting for a 7:15 leave time. We got out the door at 7:35. I arrived at work at 7:50. So I had just enough time to go up to my office, change shoes, de-fur my clothing and run upstairs for the meeting.

This did not give me time to get REAL coffee for a four hour meeting. Yes 4 hour meeting. All I had was the swill in the pot here at work. And that is NOT a good thing.

DAMN DAMN DAMN

How is it that I have nothing to do 364 days a year. But then there comes one day, one night actually in which all good things that I would love and enjoy doing all happen at once.?????

The St. Paul Chamber Orchestra is giving this amazing concert of Beethoven’s Ode to Joy this coming Saturday at the absolutely incredible St. Mary’s Basiclica in Minneapolis. We bought tickets in February. And it has since sold out. It’s one of those once in a lifetime sorts of concert spectaculars!

But then I was looking at when I could go see a new gallery show at the Minneapolis Institute of Art. And they are having a gala evening with wine, food, dancing, etc. all surrounding this art show. It’s after hours. It’s all adults. And because we joined the museum it wouldn’t cost us anything. A perfect adult evening. But, yes, it is on Saturday night.

And now, my boss just emails me and asks me if I wanted to go to the Wild game. There are two tickets available. And these aren’t just tickets. They are seats in the company box. The very exclusive, very good view, very NEVER going to be offered again to me club seats.

LOVE LOVE LOVE


At Victoria’s secret they have these nightshirts. It’s a long sleeve sleepshirt and I am in love. I got one a few weeks ago and I have been living in it. I picked up another one last night and let me tell you, it was very hard to get out of bed this morning. Go out and treat yourself girlfriends! They are $22.50, they are located on tables right when you walk into a store. They are wrapped up with ribbon. And they really are FABULOUS!
Oh, and they run big (too big). So go a size down from what you normally wear.


CALEB CALEB CALEB

My little boy decided to revert back to day one this morning. We couldn’t go near him. And he wouldn’t go near us. I have no idea what caused this set back. He has been doing so well. I am confident that he will be okay when we get home. But this morning he didn’t want to play ball. And he always plays ball with me in the morning. And he wouldn’t go outside to go potty. Nor would he come in once we got him out. It’s very odd. But just like Lily bounced back from her weird day I am sure he will too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe we'll luck out and the concert will get over before the hockey game. I sure we could smuggle R in with us. :)

Kell said...

I'm heading to Victoria's Secret to get one of those nightshirts! I've been looking for something new. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I would go to the Wild game. Not because Hockey is better than Beethoven. But, a chance to attend a hockey match without having to set in the cheap seats up top and sit around a bunch of drunks and all that can't be passed up.

Tink said...

No coffee for four hours in the morning?! How did you not kill someone? I have people trained around here not to talk to me until I have a cup of java in my hand.

graymama said...

You gotta go to the game!!!

Caleb will be fine. He is surrounded by love :-)