Thursday, November 16, 2006

Stealing Meme's

Stolen from Kell who stoled it from Betty who might have stoled it from someone else.

Do Re Meme

1. Christmas tree: pine or cedar?
Cedar or any tree that smells absolutely fabulous.

2. Name two dumb things you did as a kid.
One would be decorating the grounds of a prison for an inmate -don't ask
The other would have to be walking across a very very long train bridge over a gully - 100's of feet down and no prayer if the train came.

3. What foods did your mom used to make that you will never, ever cook.
Scrambled eggs with vanilla
Tongue

4. Describe the place you go to in your head when you need to calm down.
I went there one day and I never left.

5. Have you ever seen a ghost, or something you can't explain?
Yes, "Shhhh do you smell something?"

6. If money and image didn't matter, what would you do for a living?
Be a scientist on the Starship Enterprise - or be an artist

7. Did you ever fall off a horse and get right back on?
Real horse: I couldn't, the saddle fell off with me.
Analogy horse: Yes, but I changed horses and I love this one so much more.

8. What name did you call a sibling that was sure to start a fight?
Upchuck

9. Describe the events surrounding your first alcoholic drink.
I always had wine in temple but my first real alcohol drink outside of an adult environment was Whisky Sours. A friend made of pitcher of them. They were all playing in the pool and I was sitting on the side with my feet in the water. I drank the whole pitcher. Then fell in the pool. Then got taken home by a guy my dad had never seen before, pants in a ball in my arms. It was 4:30 in the morning and we were supposed to leave for the airport about an hour after that. Oh, wait, maybe I should have mentioned this for #2.

10. Have you ever had a wild animal as a pet?
No - why would you cage a wild animal?

11. Do you have a deep, dark secret?
Yes. but it's not dark, it's the secret that all women are supposed to be able to look back on with fondness.

12. Would you ever shoot a deer?
No not me not ever!

13. Do you return money if you get too much change?
If I figure it out, yes, but usually I don't count my change.

14. What puzzles you?
Total lack of accountability in parents these days. And the fact that they feel that the whole world is entitled to raise and worship their offspring.

15. How do/did you act toward a person you have/had a crush on?
I stalk them till they get a restaining order, and then after that I follow them at a discreet distance.

16. What makes you cry?
"While you were sleeping", "Love Actually", and "Two Weeks Notice" every time.

17. What's the best bargain you ever bought at a yard sale?
I don't think I have ever bought anything at a yard sale.

18. How much wood can a woodchuck chuck?
As much wood as my husband could collect. Did I mention I have piles and piles of firewood in my back yard and no fireplace? Just a small outdoor fire pit that we use maybe twice a year.

19. If nobody is watching, would you run a stop sign?
No, I'm a goodie two shoes.

20. Do you believe in Hell?
Well, I've been told I'm headed there since I'm not a christian. And according to several of the evangelical loonies in this world a whole lot of other people are heading there as well. And since it's people that I would actually WANT to be with, I say it's probably the better place to be.

21. What material possession do you value most?
iPod. That’s too easy. Ask me another one. (I agree with Kell's answer)

22. Which day is better...Friday or Sunday?
Friday. All the rest and relaxation possibilities are in front of me, not ending.

23. Do you read a book more than once?
Not typically. I have re-read some of my high school required reading to see what all the fuss is about. As well as a series by George RR Martin because he had 7 years between book 3 and 4 and I felt I needed a refresher.

24. What is the greatest problem with today's society?
Technological entertainment has made many forget how to use their imagination.

25. How old were you when you first touched somebody else's hoohah?
Hoohah? Oh hell, I don't remember.

26. Would you ever skydive?
I'd probably get through the class, get the gear on, get in the plane, get to the jump site, and then chicken out.

27. Name 3 songs significant to your romantic life, and tell why.
"The Promise" by When in Rome - because it says it all
"A Matter of Trust" by Billy Joel - just after we met the hubster sent this in a mix, he wanted me to know I could always trust him.
"Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls - because we fell in love so fast and so deeply it was hard for people to understand if they had never experienced it before: as the lyrics say: "And I don't want the world to see me Cause I don't think that they'd understand When everything's made to be broken I just want you to know who I am"

28. Would you ever have plastic surgery?
Yes, I hate my nose. And someday my boobs will probaly drop down to my toes.

29. Does bigfoot/sasquatch/yehti exist?
Yes, didn't you see Monster's Inc.??

30. Are you a follower or a leader?
Depends, I'll follow if the leader has a brain, if not, then get out of my way, I'm taking over.

31. What's the worst thing you did when you were a kid?
Listen to my grandmother.

32. List three jobs you would never want to do.
Medical field, garbage collector, mail carrier

33. Coke or Pepsi?
Coke

34. Where would you live if you could move your family, friends, and job there?
England but I really only need Hubster and the babies to be able to go. Family can visit and jobs can be found.

35. Is three really a crowd?
Not if it includes me, and Johnny Depp, Gerard Butler, and or Colin Firth

36. What kind of interpersonal interaction repulses you?
PDA's if they include grinding, or tongue - get a room!

37. Who would you rather spend an hour with, a writer or an entertainer?
Writer

38. Which calendar appeals to you:
Winnie the Pooh

39. What would you do if life gave you lemons?
Make another sidecar. Duh.................speaking of which........pause in typing whilst I have a sip.................ahhhhhhhhhh.

40. Do you believe in love at first sight?
I live in Minnesota now don't I????????

41. Did you ever wish on a falling star, and have the wish come true?
Yes, see #40

6 comments:

Kell said...

Those are great answers.

Let's see,
#14--Amen, sister
#15--*snort*
#35--that's a crowd I'd like to be a part of!

Anonymous said...

Great answers. I had to do this meme too.

Tink said...

#4 + #15 LMAO!!
#27, "Iris" is my all-time favorite song.
#20 + #36 Damn straight.

Great job on the meme.
Have a great weekend girl! BTW, the book is a little slow going. But not because it's not good. Just because of this whole moving thing. I'm to the point where he witnesses the cabbie get mauled after the accident. Phew. Powerful stuff. Thank you so much for getting me hooked.

Anonymous said...

You DO make me laugh!

And

Anonymous said...

I've already secured myself a bartending position in Hell. Be sure to stop by my bar - I'll hook you up (just not with Whiskey Sours).

Anonymous said...

"14. What puzzles you?
Total lack of accountability in parents these days. And the fact that they feel that the whole world is entitled to raise and worship their offspring.


LOL! B and I saw a sign the other day that reads, "Mind your children or they will be given an espresso and a free puppy". We laughed out loud, damnit! It's just too true and so funny and I'm tellin' ya, if I ever own a business, that sign is going on the wall.

I also looooved your answers to #40 and #41. *sigh* Being in that kind of marriage myself, I have offered to live in Nevada, Alaska, Mexico and more...just as long as he's there (and the furry kids too).