Tuesday, November 28, 2006

In Search of: The Stench

I shower daily, I swear, so I know it’s not me. But let me tell you, something stinks in the Bat Cave. Damn! And I mean DAMN! It’s not a constant stench. For that I would be more grateful. It would allow me to zoom in and find le’ stench. It’s more like the faint waftings of dead mouse. VERY dead mouse. Soon to stench worse dead mouse. The annoying part is the faint and wispyness of the smell. It’s not remotely constant. And I smell it in a few different directions. So, here was me, crawling around under my cube smelling this that and the other thing hoping to find the source.

It’s not in the file cabinet
Not the sneakers I keep here for my walks
Not the duck shoes I wore today into work
Nor the new fuzzy cute shoes I wore for the actual work day
Nor the other file cabinets.
It’s not under the desk
It’s not my clothes
I didn’t step in anything
It’s not on my desk surfaces
Not the fake plant in the corner
Not the other fake plant on the shelf
It’s not the holiday decorations I brought in this morning
Nor is it in any of the computer bags I have
It’s not my jacket
Or my sweater
Or my lab coat

I have scrubbed down all surfaces on my desk.I canned air cleaned the keyboards.

I might go insane…………………..

The guy on the opposite side of the wall is playing around with a bunch of chemicals. I am PRAYING that maybe it is him causing this smell. He has assured me his little project is finished tomorrow at the latest.

If not, then either I have a dead animal problem or my cube mate has an odor problem.

Speaking of the bat cave, here ya go:

Just so you can see how we are located in a room on the floor













If you look past the cubes in front you'll see the glass topped walls with white corner polls, yep, that's the Bat Cave. The picture below is looking into the batcave.
















My lab coat:




















My life's motto:



















My babies cuddling:




















It's blurry because she moved at the last second but it's still a funny pic of Lily:

7 comments:

Jay said...

I'm really gonna love that you have a digital camera.

That place is pretty well lit for a bat cave.

Anonymous said...

You know, your list of locations you've searched for the mysterious stench reads like a Dr. Seuss book (read: "Oh, the Places You'll Smell!"). Is it odd that I'm jealous of the fact that you get to wear a lab coat at work?

Kell said...

Yeah, I'm kind of jealous of that lab coat, too.

Love the pictures, especially of your babies. I hope that stench goes away soon.

Newt said...

Jay, it's the soul sucking cube mate that makes it dark and dank. Did I just say that out loud?

Boy J and Kell, my lab coat also says I am certified in a boat load of stuff I know nothing about. So it makes me look even COOLER than I really am.

graymama said...

The cuddle shot is just so sweet :-)

Anonymous said...

Could it be in the ceiling? The temp gig I was just at had a dead rat in the ceiling and boy did it stink! Just a thought...

What's up with the lab coat? Are you able to give is more detail about what you do in the lab?

Bat cave = any other office in corporate America. *sigh* Can't they make our workspaces a little more cozy-looking?

You have RIDICULOUSLY, no, REDONKULOUSLY cute pets.

Tink said...

Watch out everyone... Newt's got a camera! I am so tickled about this. Love the lab coat btw. I'm sure you make it a fashion statement. Did you ever find the source of the stench?