Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Deja Vu and dreams repeating

Deja Vu:

A distributor called me last week and asked me to identify some parts to one of our systems. He was having a hard time figuring it out so he wanted to send them. Which he did. So I opened up the envelope and out falls two parts. One of which is a part manufactured by the company I used to work for two years ago. It is also the company that my husband currently works for.

Ok, so a little weird. I know exactly what the part is but there are two odd things about it. One, I can't find it anywhere in the manuals. And second, they are using it for a not so intended purpose.

For a moment there when the part fell out onto my desk I didn't quite know where I was. I mean, this was typical mail in my old job. But to have the first and only part ever mailed to me at this new job be a part from my old job. Well, that's just too weird.

I'm looking around my cube to make sure that I am where I think I am. Or at least thought I was before I opened said envelope.

Confused? Me too.

Dreams Repeating:

Last night I woke up suddenly from a bad dream. I was driving too fast up a city street along with another small little black sports car. We came around a corner and there across the road was a jack knifed and flipped over fire truck. Thankfully I was in the left lane and at a break in the median I was able to maneuver over into oncoming traffic. Miracle of miracles there were no cars coming toward me in my lane. As I whizzed by the flipped truck I knew that behind me the black car was making a horrific impact with the fire truck. I also remember seeing a fireman standing right in front of our oncoming cars. I do not know if he was hit or not when the black car crashed.

And then I woke up.

It was 3 am. And I had a very hard time falling back asleep. But I did so around 5. And I dreamed the exact same thing. Waking up startled again as the black car made impact.
The only thing that was different about this dream was that both of our cars had pulled out from a parking lot not too far from where the firetruck was overturned. Yet we still raced ahead. I still swerved into oncoming traffic, the fireman was still standing there, and the black car still made impact.

Do I even want to know what that was about? It sure rattled me. Kind of creeped me out to dream something so horrific twice.

Doggy Pounce

This morning while sitting in my favorite chair drinking coffee and reading my book Lily charged across the living room and dove into my chest. I saw her coming so I was able to keep the coffee in the mug. But while moving the mug out of the way I got drenched by a big wet slobbery dog lick across my face. Good thing she's only 9 pounds.

Bling'n out

I have decided to camp it up when I fly out to see mom and dad. I thought I would do my best Paris Hilton impression on my trip out. Yes, she makes my skin crawl, but I know I am painting the perfect picture by using her name. So, the dog carrier will be "Super Girly", I will wear leopard print. I will have my sunglasses on no matter how cloudy. There will be fur somewhere on my body (fake of course - I'm not loosing all my standards). And Lily will be decked out in her brand new fuzzy pink collar that Girl J just bought her in honor of my plot to be a spoiled desperate housewife. I mean, why be coy? Why not just jump whole hog into the stereotype.
That will be way more fun that having class and just bringing Lily in a black carrier that looks like a suitcase. I want to be a spectacle.

3 comments:

Jay said...

I used to work at a manufacturing company and one of my people walked up front with a part they he didn't know what it was once. Boy did we get in trouble when they found out we were using for something it was intended for. They eventually changed the blue prints and allowed us to use the part, but what a fight that was. And I made that guy's life miserable for doing that to me. haha

I have violent dreams too. I don't know anything about dream analysis though.

You know, Paris also likes to flash people? I'm just say, if you are going to go all the way then you probably should GO ALL THE WAY. hahaha

Tink said...

They say you have duplicate dreams because you never fully wake up from the first one. A good way to cure that is to get up and use the bathroom (or get a drink) when woken by a nightmare. Why doesn't that ever happen with GOOD dreams??

Newt said...

Jay - trust me, no one on this planet wants me to flash them.

Scott - Oh, I will, I promise.

Tink - tell me about it. If I could have my Johnny Depp pirate captive dream 2 or 3 times a night, I'd be quite good with that.