Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Giving Thanks

I am thankful for:

Hubster - for being my best friend. For never ceasing to amaze me. For thinking the exact same thing I do at the exact same time. For letting me get Caleb and Lily. For telling me I'm his beautiful baby. For making me feel like the luckiest woman in the world.

Dad - For calling me because you are thinking of me. And for seeing me as a person that understands life the same way you do. And for saying so when you call. You share your day with me, your happiness and your troubles because you know I will understand. And sometimes you ask me for advice. I'm not just your little girl, I'm your friend. And I cherish that. I'm a very luck girl to have you as a dad.

Mom - for being endlessly giving and thoughtful. You inspire me to be a better person to others. For being more selfless.

Boy J and R - for being friends that feel right at home.

Heather - Thank you for continuing to be my creative muse.

Mike - for being a cherished friend for so many years. And for still being my friend even after I invade your home. For the movies you recommend. For your encouragement and support. I wouldn't know what to do without you.

Jay and Scott - for being the amazing and inspiring couple that you are. For taking in amazing animals and giving them a home. Scott thank you for your amazing photographs. They take my breath away, sometimes literally. And Jay, thank you for painting my happy place. I look at it every day. And every day it makes me smile.

Tink - for making me laugh every day. And for being the beautiful person that you are. For your amazing look on life. You are an inspiration.

Cynical Bastard - For your creativity. For your humorous look at all of life. Through you I also got to know your mom and your sister. Two amazing people.

Kell - Thank you for being the book buddy I always wanted to have. For your strength. And for the beautiful stories that you tell.

Betty - Thank You for your stories. You have a way of describing Americana like know one else. Your stories are vivid, full of sight and sound and smell. And I love every single one of them.

Chelle - for your beautiful look on life and how precious this earth is. For your love of animals. Your amazing photography. And for being the beautiful person that you are.

Graymama - for sharing your amazing little boy with us. And the love that you have in your life. For showing me just how amazing motherhood can be.

Susan - Thank you for your slice of life. I enjoy reading about your family. And you always put a smile on my face.

To many other bloggers - Thank You for sharing your life. Thank you for all the things you make me think about. All the ideas that I get from each of you. All of the splendid stories that you share.

To Sophie, Max, Caleb, Lily, Socs, Tink, Hobbes, Cassy, and little Max - Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my house a home. And for making my time on this earth a life worth living.

I wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving full of love. And pie..............

5 comments:

Kell said...

I'm thankful for finding your blog and your friendship. The world just seems to be a happier place after I read your posts.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Newt.

Jay said...

That was a really nice post. Thank you very much. I too am thankful for finding you and your blog.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the hubster and "the kids".

Jay said...

This is Betty, on Jay's llaptop. Thank you for the kind words. I'm thankful for you, too, and all of my blogging friends.

We're at Kell's house for Thanksgiving, so I'm on a different computer. We'll be home Monday.

Anonymous said...

You have such a wonderful list of some of the wonderuful people in your life and why you are so thankful for them. I feel so honored to make it on your list, thank you!

Isn't it amazing how someone that you have never met, that you wouldn't know if you passed them on the street, can have an impact on you? For the most part, bloggers are amazing people.

Thank you so much for sharing yourself with me (and the rest of the world!)

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

graymama said...

You made me cry happy tears :-) I feel so blessed to have you in my life!