Friday, November 10, 2006

Frivolous Firday

So yesterday when I posted about my last hurrah in the warm weather I forgot to talk about THE most important part of that perfect night. The hubster made me a drink. It’s my new favorite. It’s called a sidecar. And it is MARVELOUS! Though my hubster “girlies” it up for me by adding a little more triple sec.

Conversation with the hubster:

Newt: “So at work today I was talking with S about love. And she and I both had been through almost the exact same scenario in our first marriage. And we both met our current hubsters while we were still waiting for the divorce to be final. AND we both knew within hours that we wanted to be with the hubsters for the rest of our lives.”

“Then we talked about having to give advice to people that ask “So how do you know” and we both agreed that if you have to ask that question you are with the wrong person. And then we talked about how awkward it can be to try to explain that to someone because you hate to see them make the same mistake but maybe they have to.”

Hubster: “Oh, it’s easy to explain to a girl about just knowing. All you have to tell them is: Ok, you know when you go to a shoe store and you see a pair of shoes and from the second you see them you just know you have to have them? well, love is the exact same way.”

Newt: “Ok, that’s actually a pretty perfect way to explain it. But how do you explain it to a guy?”

Hubster: “Well, you tell a guy, you know when you try a beer and it’s the best tasting beer you have ever had? And you know you can’t go home without a six pack, or a case of the stuff? That’s what “You’ll know” is like.”

Blog Stats

October

Highest hit day: October 10th with 86 hits
This was the day I blogged about the Star Trek auction

Search terms that brought people to my site:
“You’re the puzzle piece behind the couch that makes the sky complete” I don’t know what the heck caused this to link to me. But I LOVE the expression. It’s apparently in a song or the title of a song by the Lemon Heads. As well as a blog title by an Australian blogger.

November search terms:

“Do Newts get ick.” – does grey hair count?

“newt losing toes and paws” – frozen toes maybe, but haven’t lost any

“keys inbetween boobs” – never tried keys before. Don’t really intend to either.

Syndrome de goutreaux” – uh? I have no response to that

“Subaru throat plate” – Didn’t know my putt-putt had one of those.

Have a marvelous weekend everyone!

5 comments:

Jay said...

I'd say that those are pretty good expainations of how to know if your in lovel.

Tink said...

Clever analogies! I might have to borrow those.

"keys inbetween boobs" Is that how you turn them on?

"Highest hit day: October 10th with 86 hits. This was the day I blogged about the Star Trek auction" Bunch of closet trekkies. Pfft.

Have a great weekend girl!

Anonymous said...

Keys between boobs? You just made me flash back to the faboo 80's. Remember those tiny li'l pockets that attached to your shoelaces with a strap and velcro that were briefly popular?

Mom carried spare keys and a couple hundred in cash in one of them and strapped it between the cups of her bra when we'd go on family vacations.

The memory of that still disturbs me.

Kell said...

That's a great way to explain it, alright.

And that sidecar sounds yummy!

graymama said...

I will have to talk to Hubby about how he would explain it. I am curious as to how he will choose to answer.

I am not into shoes, so for me it would be the fabric I just can't live without :-)