Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Timeless Tuesday

The hubby and I played hooky Tuesday. It was fun. We do this every few months.

This time around we decided to head off to the local zoo. I had a need to play National Geographic Photographer…………..

Sorry, no pictures, they are on film. But I did take 3 rolls worth. So at some point when they are developed I’ll be sure to post them.

It was another amazing warm day in the cities. About 60 degrees and partly sunny. A sweatshirt was more than sufficient for our walk around the zoo.

First and foremost we almost had the place to ourselves. That alone was fabulous. Secondly the temperature was mild enough (not too hot nor too cold) that all the animals were out and about. I took some fabulous shots of one of the tigers sunning on a rock. Even the wolves were out. The last two times we have gone they were no where to be seen.

The zoo is building an expansion – Russia’s Grizzly Coast. It looks like it’s going to be very cool when it is finished. Stolen from the Zoo’s website:



Amur Tiger












Japanese Macaque (Snow Monkey)
Two babies were born this spring. They are very adventurous little guys. It was fun to watch them play. The interaction among the adults with the little ones was fascinating. When one was getting to rambunctious he got scolded by an adult. So like any good toddler he ran and hid behind mom. But two seconds later was at it again testing his boundaries with the other monkeys.






Bactrian Camel








Matschie's Tree Kangaroo - they are cute little buggers.

4 comments:

Kell said...

That tree kangaroo is so cute! I like going to our zoo, too, especially on school days. And playing hookie is a great idea. Since I'm not working right now, if I play hookie I call it a pajama day and it means I'm not going to cook dinner.

Tink said...

Awww. I want a tree kangaroo! I'll have to add that to my list of future pets, right new to flying squirrel. ;)

Jay said...

I love zoos. I love the big cats most. They are so amazing. And the bears too! But not the snakes. haha

graymama said...

The Grizzly Coast sounds SWEET!