Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Saying Hello from Miles Away

Saturday Girl J and I went to the Fair! We had too much fun! 10 hours of walking, people watching and eating. And more eating. And more eating.


First, there were the hats I made just so when we put them on we could hear Lil A say "You are NOT wearing those into the fair"


Then as we walked around we tried to find things that made us think of bloggers we love. So, if you look closely you might see a sign in the picture. I am not sure what was funnier, finding the perfect picture for the sign or the comments we heard as one of us held up the sign and the other one took the picture. And if you don't have a sign it doesn't mean we don't love you. We had more signs than perfect pictures.

This shot was for Scott and Jay - no sooner had we been lamenting no cute butts had walked by when this one crossed our path.
If you were only here for an installment of Mike Eats it - this would be one to sample.
Then we walked past the Democratic Party Pavilion. One of the booth ladies helped Girl J hold up the signs. And the guys got a great laugh out of Cynical Bastards name.
Well, and this one didn't need a sign: Bet ya didn't know your mom was running did you Jay and Kell? This one we took for Cynical Bastard - sorry, no sign though. Since we know how much you like to post the ladies - here is one of the fair princesses in butter.

This one was for dad. He loves Prairie Home Companion

And for Kell, it was a no brainer
Tink too (These were images turned into purses - they were SO cool.)

My favorite fair food: Deep Fried Twinkie

Macaroni and Cheese on a Stick
Pretty cow - I just loved the colors - she's a chocolate milk cow if I ever saw one.
Deep Fried Cookie Dough



9 comments:

J said...

Great pics. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I do wish I had stopped by the SPAM booth now...

Kell said...

Oh, thank you! Boy, you guys had so much fun! Your fair looks like a blast and you definitely have better food than ours. I wanna hang with you guys!

Tink said...

Wait... You mean I could have Orlando's face on a purse and drool over him whenever I wanted to? There is a God!

Btw, that sculpture in butter is a little odd. I mean, whoever thought to carve something out of butter?! A bored dairy farmer?

Jay said...

So cool! A shout-out from the Minn State Fair! I'm famous. Is it okay if I swipe that picture?

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm Spam curds!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah I was out for dinner with Scott and Jay last weekend and we realized you and Girl J were visiting us a year ago last weekend

Betty said...

But, am I running FOR something, or FROM something?

Nettie said...

I want more twinkie and cookie dough. Wait....it's still attached to my belly!

Anonymous said...

Now there's all the deep fried stuff I was searching for at our fair. I'm glad I finally got to see it. You are so cute with all your shout outs!