Saturday, September 15, 2007

Newt on the Loose Day 6

Ahhh, I awake to Mozart. Not barking Lily.

Good idea to move the brew time back a little

Puppy pile outside

Cats munching

Jeans on - casual Friday one day a month. Gotta love it.

It's cold

What the hell?

Not ready for winter

No hubster to keep me warm

Grrrrrrr

Work

Yippee! It's Friday

See ya! I'm outta here

Asta Lavista Baby!

Get home

Make dinner

Curl up with pups and watch Sci Fi all night

Talk to dad

Dad "So, we're going to see your Aunt tomorrow."

Dad "She's doing ok, she knows that the best thing for Uncle Glen was for him to pass on"

Dad "Oh, crap, I didn't tell you did I?"

Newt "No, no you didn't, but that's ok. I knew it would probably be this weekend."

Dad "I'm sorry honey, "

Newt "It's really ok."

Get in to long discussion about family, funeral, if I should go out there.

Hang up

Stare out kitchen window

Go play with puppies

Quick call from Hubster

Tell him about Uncle Glen

Call my Aunt Betty and Uncle Phil

Talk for 3 hours

We talked about mourning and how it is so different for people. And that all four of us, my aunt and uncle, my dad, and myself are very very private in our emotions. And prefer to grieve alone. And how some people can't handle that and think that it means we are shallow.


Fall asleep after midnight

Miss hubster...........

2 comments:

Tina said...

Even as you mentioned your family knew it was time, I especially extend my sincere condolences on the death of your Uncle. I totally understand the need for private grieving and being far away and the hubster not being there sort of exasperates or allows for that I imagine.

Christy said...

Sorry to hear about your Uncle. As for the cooler weather, I am very much wanting a break from the heat. Your hubster will be home soon. =o)