Thursday, September 20, 2007

Just stuff

Girl J and I try to walk every day. It's always fun and we manage to entertain ourselves quite well. The perfect example being yesterdays Dino Walk. And I love Girl J for being as goofy as she is.


Last night I had to go to Target to get a couple of cards and some bread. I wanted to find a sympathy card to send my aunt. Some of the cards made me tear up, while other's sort of cracked me up. Had anyone been paying attention to me in the card section they would have thought me quite manic.


It was the cinnamon scented care and concern card that really got me laughing.


Or maybe it was the series of cards that were over the top emotional. The "You are a beautiful woman, physically attractive, but also you are full of inner beauty and light. And I love both the outside and the inside beauty..............." As we said in the 80's: "Gag me with a spoon"


Then I wandered over to their holiday section. Some evil person had turned on a very annoying halloween item and it played the theme from The Adams Family OVER and OVER and OVER again. And we couldn't figure out what got turned on to shut it off. There were three of us trying to find the source and turn it off.

And then I almost fell over when I walked down one isle of the holiday section. To my left, trick or treat bags. To my right, christmas stockings. I can only say WTF????

It is now 12:50 and I have yet to finish drinking the coffee I got this morning. Where did my day go?

This morning I went down to the skyway to make a phone call. I tried to find a quiet corner in which to do so. And as I rounded the corner I went from standing upright to flat on my butt.
I have no idea what happened in between. But my knee really hurt. So with a great deal of grace and dignity I stayed on the floor and made my phone call. Because, I meant to do it that way.

Tomorrow is Friday. Thank Jeebus!

4 comments:

J said...

Make sure you go get your knee checked out if it swells or keeps hurting badly for more than a few days. Though I do love the image of you sitting in the middle of the skyway chatting away on your cell phone. :)

Nettie said...

Now Newt, we discussed this Jeebus thing yesterday. That is blasfumus(sp?)! I will say some hail mary's for your tonight. Although I am not Catholic and wouldn't know where to begin but playing with beads sounds like fun. Happy Hallmas you inside/out beauty of a woman. Can you smell the cinnamon?

Tink said...

Because nothing says, "I'm sorry" like cinnamon...

I really think the card people are getting desperate. Maybe they're hiring! I could be a card writer.

"I'm sorry for your loss. I only hope you got some really neat shit out of the deal."

Or not...

Tina said...

Are you sure you weren't walking on a Eco-test area of the skyway floor - that's probably why you fell - too much burnishing...or is it not enough? There's a reason I left the division. Sorry you fell...although I have done a similar thing and I love the idea that you "planned it" that way.