Monday, September 10, 2007

Newt on the Loose Day 1

At 8:15 Sunday morning I kissed the hubster goodbye.

He's off to a class in California. Sigh.................

First stop: Target
Going to do some fall cleaning

After being lost in the vortex that is target for about an hour and 60 bucks the poorer I headed home

Everything bagel for breakfast. Fantastic!

First up: the living room. Sort and put away hubsters magazines and papers.

Dust off piano. Sneeze.

Start vacuuming living room. Chasing after furry dust bunnies bigger than Lily.

Pick up dog bedding and blankets - go outside and shake them out.

Sneeze

Wash doggie stuff.

Sneeze

Shake out entry way carpet. Sneeze.

Pull out jackets I probably won't wear this winter and stick in Space Bag.

Suck the air out - these things are SO damn cool.

Nicely hang up the rest of the coats.

Remove all items from entryway.

Sneeze.

Vacuum and wash floor.

Wow, much better.

Sneeze.

Start removing various living room items, dust, sneeze, repeat.

Dust and wash floors.

Put various items back.

What is that smell?

Pick up DVD's from floor and start to sort and put away.

Oh, god, the smell is worse.

Sniff Spiderman cover.

Don't need spidey sense to figure out Caleb peed on them at some point.

GROSS - EWWWWWWW - GROSS.

Scrub down DVD cases, throw paper covers away. Use cheesy inserts for cover so we know what it is.

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Ok, half of living room scrubbed down. Time for my date with the couch.

Start to watch Stargate - the directors cut.

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Paw paw paw in face.

MEOW!

MEOW!

MEOW!

What huh? Alright sheesh, I'll get you some food.

Feed the kitties

Brush teeth

Take some Tylenol PM

Read a little snuggled in bed

WHAM! Book hits nose.

Throw book on nightstand, turn off light. Go to sleep.

Made it through the first 14 hours without hubster.

5 comments:

Kell said...

I sneeze all through cleaning, too. That's one of the many reasons I hate vacuuming. And I always clean the day Al leaves on a trip because that way I can enjoy a nice clean house and don't have to clean again while he's gone. Actually, I still have to clean some because I always build up a nest of books and knitting while he's gone.

Good luck getting through the week! It's good you have the puppies to keep you company.

Jay said...

LOL ... I sneeze like crazy when I clean too. I have terrible allergies. I would do a full apartment cleaning if it would EVER cool off here. The temps have dropped into the mid 80s but there's been nearly 100% every day for two weeks. ugh!

Christy said...

So I'm not the only one who sneezes whenever cleaning ensues.

J said...

I sneeze while cleaning too, but I just assumed I was allergic to housework.

Tink said...

I always have a head cold the day after a deep house clean. Stupid me, it takes a day or two to figure out why. Cleaning makes me sick! So I don't think I should have to do it anymore. Right?