Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The things you hear and see at the mall

Last night I took a training group to Mall of America. We use the mall for a "real world" look at stone and tile floors, how to identify what is on the floor and how you would maintain and or repair each floor type.

After dinner I wandered around the mall for a while.

First stop, and no surprise, DSW

The following conversation was taking place between 4 teenagers.

Girl 1: Like these shoes are totally cool
Girl 2: I would SO borrow those
Girl 3: Yeah, like you're talking about borrowing shoes and you haven't even bought them yet.
Girl 1: I don't even know what I am doing with these shoes. (she has 3 pairs in her arms)
They are like, so not my size, I don't even know what I was thinking.
Girl 2: Yeah, like what size do you wear
Girl 1: I don't know, like 7 or 71/2
Girl 2: So, like, why are you buying 8's?
Girl 1: I don't know, like, I don't even need them.
Girl 3: Ok, like these shoes are so ugly, they should be like 9 dollars
Girl 2: Or like 7 dollars they are so ugly
Girl 1: So, like, why do you have to be a size 8? I mean, it would be so much easier if you wore a 7.

You might be wondering where girl 4 is in this conversation, she was sitting on the floor digging toe jam out.

And then I banged my head against the nearest wall.

Then wandering back toward where I parked I walked past a store that sells wind-up toys and magnets. Three boys are standing there playing with some sort of fart toy

**Fart sound**
Insert stupid boy laughter
**Fart sound**
Insert more stupid boy laughter

I shook my head and walked on. Unfortunately on my way back I passed the same store with the same three boys still standing there:

**Fart sound**
Insert stupid boy laughter
**Fart sound**
Insert more stupid boy laughter

So then I left and called Girl J and told her I missed her. And that she really needed to be there with me tonight.

5 comments:

Jay said...

I don't know, the fart machine makes me laugh too. Maybe after a while it would get old, but it would take a while.

I wish I had invented ladies shoes. God I'd be so damn rich. LOL

Tink said...

Boys and farts... Hoop bought his Dad and Papa Bear fart machines one Christmas. It was like the gift that kept on giving. They would put it under Mom's chair, in the fridge, below the bathroom sink. Then they'd laugh when it went off, like it was the funniest thing they'd ever seen. I just don't get it. But I'm glad they're so easily entertained. There's something to be said about that I guess. :)

Anonymous said...

Guys and fart jokes. Is it any wonder that the whoopee cushion is still a classic?

Christy said...

Oh good grief! This is why I don't go to the mall!

Anonymous said...

Those are the exact reasons I LOVE the MOA! People watching. (yeah, at times it is frusterating, but remember it is FREE!!)