Friday, September 07, 2007

Random Friday

So last night we went to a gallery show that our friend was in. While we were there it started to rain. Biblical flood sort of rain. And all our windows were open at home.

On the way home we drove through massive amounts of standing flood waters.

We watched a truck fly past us at about 70 MPH only to watch him hydroplane across three lanes. He didn't hit anything, he was very lucky. But we laughed our asses off at his now top speed of 40. I can only assume he wet himself when it happened. See, you AREN'T invincible just because you have an SUV or a full size truck. In fact, driving across flooded roads is sort of like driving through a lake, you can't no matter how many wheel drives you have.

When we hit the exit to our house the rain stopped. In fact we noticed that leaves were still blowing about in the road. And under cars and trees the ground was dry. Fan-flipping-tastic!
We made it home before the storm hit. Who'd have thunk.

So we threw the pups outside and closed all the windows. Got the pups back in the house and then KABLAM! We got nailed with lots and lots of rain.

For once, the Karma Cow was on our side.

****************

The hubster leaves on Sunday for a business trip. Sigh. Cry. Whine. He wont' be back till late the following Sunday. Sigh. Cry. Whine.

****************

But it does mean I get to eat cereal for dinner

****************

I went to Candyland today and got 2 pounds of Lego Candy for our friend's kids. The hubster is bringing it to the girls for their birthdays. Legos you can play with, build things with, and eat. Does life get any better?

Of course that means I got some for us, and some dark chocolate caramels, and some dutch mints. Had to get the dutch mints.

*****************

Tonight I am going to make stroganoff. I have never made it before. Should be interesting.

*****************

When all is said and done I'll probably wonder why I just didn't get the hamburger helper version. Probably won't taste much different.

*****************

The peaches are most excellent right now. The hubster and I have had sliced peaches with cream(non-fat milk) every night. Yummy............

*****************

On the bus last night a guy was admiring my phoenix tattoo. We ended up having a discussion along with a couple other people about the differences between LA Ink and Miami Ink. We all prefer LA Ink.

*****************

Tattoos seem to be a way to bond instantly with people. I can't believe how many conversations have started up over ink.

******************

Thank God it's Friday. I'm not sure how a four day week could take so damn long.

******************

Tomorrow might very well be the type of day in which we never get out of our PJ's. I love those days. Well, we might get out of our pj's but................that would be TMI.

******************

The weather is supposed to turn cold and rainy. Part of me is sad. Part of me is looking forward to putting on comfy pj's and slippers.

******************

And my favorite outfit of all starts to work around this time: Shorts, tank top, hooded zipper sweatshirt, and slippers. Oh yeah baby! That is the best thing in the world to run around in.

******************

Ok, enough rambling..............on to the weekend!

5 comments:

Kell said...

Candy Legos?!? How cool is that?

It turns out my hubby is going out of town too! Damn. I should have just burned the credit card and come on out there!

Enjoy your weekend. We're going to have a high in the low 70s and I can't wait.

Christy said...

The description of your biblical rain, hydroplane viewer experience is priceless.

Courtney said...

I'm with you on the cold rain. I'm looking forward to cooler weather but -damn!- it's hard to get out of bed in the mornings!

Jay said...

I've never heard of candy legos. That's just too cool.

I was going to mention the Hamburger Helper version of Stroganoff. It's the only version I've ever made. I'm sure it's not as good as making it from scratch though.

Abbee Normalle said...

um, are the girls mentioned the ones in california and one of which is mine?? because i haven't seen the aforementioned lego candy.