Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Newt on the Loose Day 2

Sophie the bed hog and I got up with the alarm.

Alarms suck.

We stumbled down the stairs, let out the frantic, insane, and barking their fool heads off puppies. Which, by the way do flips in their kennel while they wait for me to let them out.

One big dog pile stumbles out the back door and heads for the grass to do their thing.

Four screaming cats ran frantically to their bowls for breakfast.

The coffee is brewing.

I bow to the coffee gods.

Is there a coffee god.................

Pause while I google............................

(Nice elevator music plays)

And here are the websites to pick from:

Welcome to God's Coffee - God's Coffee™ offers your congregation the opportunity to enjoy delicious, fresh roasted, gourmet coffee and support your church's worthy cause

God Drinks Coffee: A Freshly-Brewed View on Prayer

The Temple of the Gods of Coffee - Welcome Oh worshipers of the Goddess Caffeina and her consort Juan Valdez

God's Communist Coffee - Product naming and packaging design is a complicated art.

Coffee with God - Christian Spirituality w/Edges - Coffee with God involves good coffee, dark coffee - something with character - Brazilian or Ethiopian or Tuscan, not Folgian. This point may seem irrelevant,.........

Apparently there is no coffee god. But it does have a history.

Anywho, the pups made it as miserably difficult as possible for me to leave in the morning. Being all cute and pathetic looking, wanting to snuggle and get pets. But I, the evil mommy, wrenched myself away from their mind controlling cuteness and went to work.

I got to talk to the hubster and he even sent me an email.

We talked about how we missed each other. Lots.

After work the pups and I had a fun time. We played in the yard, they helped me cook dinner. Which thanks to Kell was Cheesy Jambalaya. Yum..................

Then I finished watching "Stargate". The extended cut was actually pretty good. There was nothing in it that I wished I hadn't seen or detracted from the original's spirit. The theatrical version took out some of the military paranoia and need to shoot things. But having it back in the extended version wasn't too bad.

I had a hard time falling asleep last night. In fact for whatever reason I had just started to doze off when I woke up, heart racing, in sheer panic.

"What if I die?"

"Who will feed my puppies?"

I mean, Sophie and Max can just chow down on my corpse, but Caleb and Lily are locked away.

"Oh god, my heart is racing, is that bad?"

"What am I going to do?"

Then when my sanity returned I realized I'll just email Jer Bear every morning and let him know I am alive. If the emails stop he should go to the house and take care of business. Pretty simple actually.

Problem solved..............well, as long as I make it to work tomorrow in time to email him.....................awwww hell.................well, nothing I can do about it now..............ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

6 comments:

J said...

Not a problem, Newt. Now, does "Taking care of business" mean that I should call 911 if I don't hear from you? Or just make sure the furballs are fed and watered, and stick a bunch of airfresheners in whichever room I find you? What's your favorite scent, by the way?

Nettie said...

You are a sick and twited human being and I now question why we are friends. Your mental capacity is in question and I am seriously concerned for your well being.

Lots of Love,
Girl J

Kell said...

I love these rambling posts. Like steam of Newt's conscious. Hmmmm, I may just have to have the cheesy jambalya, too, when the hubby leaves. Now I'm having a craving.

BTW, the things you think of in the middle of the night--wow!

Jay said...

So, if things do go badly and you need J to "take care of business" that does include J posting something here so we all know what's going on too, right?

You did think of us? Right?

Hello? ;-)

Tink said...

I think the dogs would eat the cats first. So your body would be safe for, what... a week? I mean, a whole cat could last a dog a pretty long time, right?

Christy said...

And I find it to be a relief that you took time to google for a coffee god.