Thursday, September 13, 2007

Newt on the Loose Day 4

Lily starts barking

The coffee pot brewing sets her off

I have to change the timing. 5:45 apparently comes sooner downstairs than it does upstairs. So I wake to frantic puppy barking rather than Mozart.

The alarm clock goes off - can't ignore the puppy barking anymore

I know, bad mom

I wish I could capture the image of the puppy pile that heads out the door. It is literally one scrambling mass of fur, legs, and wagging tails. They have no patience to exit in a nice orderly fashion, simply scrambling over, under and on top of each other is better.

A relatively uneventful day

Miss the hubster

He's meeting up with his best friend Willy for dinner

I went to Mall of America to see if they still had something I wanted to send to a friend.

Yippee, they did.

Also stopped in Mac and picked up a new blush since the old one is down to two tiny little flakes.
"Blushbaby" is my color. I also picked up one of their bottles of pigment. I think as far as make-up goes these are a fantastic deal. They cost less than 20 bucks and you get so much of it that I doubt you could use it up in 10 years. And you can use it with lip gloss, on your eyes, or on your cheeks. It's a concentrated loose powder. I picked up "Rose" but I also liked their limited edition "Revved-up". The clerk was fabulous though and gave me a small sample of it to try. Small as in, probably a years worth. Bless her heart. They also have this fabulous eyeshadow stick. It's waterproof. You can wear it alone or as a base for powder eye shadow. It keeps the powder on your eye and enhances the color. It is one of the best products ever. I have "Beige-ing" which is very neutral and perfect for a shadow base.

Then on to target. Yep, went back to my favorite black hole. I decided that I wanted to make my favorite meal that I can only eat when the hubster is out of town so for that I needed cauliflower. I steam some cauliflower and mix it into a bowl of Velveeta shells and cheese and I am in heaven.

Finally home I vegged out with the pups on the couch. "While you were sleeping" was on so I caught the last 45 minutes. And of course, I cried. Even more than usual this time because the hubster is gone.

Then I flipped to the last hour or so of "The Truth about Cats and Dogs" and yes, I cried.

I guess if I want to complete the usual chick flick marathon I should pop in "Bridgett Jones" tonight, or "Someone Like You". Those are always good for a cry. Or "Two Weeks Notice" or "Notting Hill"

Then it was off to bed.

Cell phone in hand I hit the sack.

The hubster promised to call even though it would be late.

11:30 it finally rings.

Newt: "Hi Honey"
Hubster: "Hi Baby, I'm still hanging out with Willy"
Newt: "Cool, did you give him a hug from me?"
Hubster: "Yep, as soon as I saw him."
Hubster: "Just walked right up and gave him a hug"
Willy: "Uh, glad to see you too Hubster"
Hubster: "That was from Newt"
Willy: "Oh, well, in that case."

Then after the usual "I love you" "I love you too" "Goodnight" "Goodnight" "Ok, sweet dreams" etc etc etc we hung up.

And Newt drifted off to sleep.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day, other than missing the Hubster.

I love samples that are free and is enough to use for a long time. That is cool!

Your pups are adorable. I can just see them scrambling to be first. I have 2 small dogs and they do that.... LOL Crazies!

Christy said...

Wait wait, I'm out of the loop. Where is the hubster?

Tink said...

Mmmm. Cauliflower and cheeeese. I love "While You Were Sleeping"! Another of my favorite chick flicks is "Love Actually" and "Only You." God, what girlie ass titles. If you haven't seen or heard of them you need to pick them up.

Newt said...

Christy, He is in San Francisco for training. He left Sunday and doesnt' get home till Sunday night. A whole week! :-(

Newt said...

Mutt Princess: All my dogs are between 10 and 25 pounds so they aren't too far apart in size which I think is what makes it seem like such a mass of furr heading out the door. Plus 3 out of 4 have the same color in their coats so they blend together nicely.

Tink: Love Actually is a huge favorite of mine. I have never NOT been able to get through the funeral scene without bawling. But I don't think I have seen Only You - I will add it to my rental list.

Christy said...

Bummer, I'm sorry he is at training. Absence makes the heart grow fonder?