Friday, August 31, 2007

A corny tribute

A have a friend
Goes with me everywhere
keeps my company on the bus
in bed
on the porch, the couch,
in my favorite chair
It doesn't judge me
it just follows me around
it makes me laugh
cry
get angry
get scared
makes me think
makes me dream
and wonder
it introduces me to new people all the time
some of them I like
some of them I love
some of them I don't care for so much
but no matter what, I always feel something
delight
remorse
temptation
joy
sorrow
I can not tell you how thankful I am
to have you in my life
No matter what else is happening
you are there
always
the one sure thing I can depend on
My friend,
My book

4 comments:

Jay said...

I thought your friend was going to be your iPod. But books are cool too. ;-)

Tink said...

Well said! My books are some of my best friends too. Even when they make me cry, I forgive them.

Kell said...

Too true, too true.

Coffespaz said...

Books rule. Sadly I am not much of a friend though. Once I read a book, it usually stays on the shelf indefinitely as I am cursed with a good memory and it takes a LONG time for me to be able to re-read them without being bored.

Thankfully, friends such as these are in abundance and can be found in some wonderful places all over the world! :-)