Friday, August 03, 2007

Get Ready...Get Set....Grease on a Stick!

Just to show you how much we Minnesotan's LOVE our State Fair I will share with you the fact that we are already making plans for when we are going to go. The fair doesn't even start for several weeks.

Not only are we planning our trips but Boy J is in training trying to get his body ready for the grease, fat, and sugar intake. He mentioned something about a box of doughnuts on his way home.

We are so ahead of the game they haven't even posted the food finder yet. So I'm not sure what will be new this year. So long as I can still get my twinkie on a stick I'm all good.

I also had the best kettle corn ever at the fair. So I've been craving that since last year. I will be bringing home two bags this time :-) Especially with all the help I get from the puppies. We go through a lot of kettle corn.

I'm drooling just thinking about it all.

So, Girl J and I will go for the people watching and the twinkies. I have a feeling she and I will be going more than once. Boy J and I will go for the food, and we will follow Girl R around while she shops.

And maybe, if I can convince him my brother will fly out for the weekend and he and I can wander the fair together.

As soon as the information is up I'll post about the food.

Happy Friday everyone! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Jay said...

Just about any food on a stick is good stuff. Our fair here in town is a really small. There is a big one up in Springfield Mo and of course the Arkansas State Fair later this year in Little Rock. I've never been to the state fair, but I hear there is A LOT of heart-attack inducing food available there!

J said...

I didn't get the box of donuts on Friday, but I made up for it with a half a pepperoni pizza and a giant strawberry sundae yesterday. I tell ya, this training regimen takes a lot out of a guy (and puts even more back in, and on...)

J said...

Now, its pretty early in the morning to gross people out, but I took a look, and the State Fair "Food Finder" is up and runnning on the Fair web site. Here's a new offering this year:

Spam Burgers

Offering: NEW THIS YEAR: Spam burger (fried Spam served on a bun with cheese and/or pineapple), Spam curds (Spam and cheese battered and deep fried)

I'll eat nearly anything, but this description alone makes my heart hurt.