Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Random Newt

Ready - Set - Go


I LOVE thunderstorms. Everything about them is fantastic. But why do we have to have them two nights in a row at 2:30 in the morning?????


I'm starting to like them a little bit less.

Though I gotta say that first cup of coffee in the morning has not tasted better.

Coffee is the nectar of the gods

Tonight I am going to grill steak even if it is storming

I have Au gratin potatoes and steak on the brain and I won't be stopped

And Peach pie to finish the evening

Mom and Dad sent me two more flamingos for my birthday. I brought them to work and it's starting to look like I have a fetish

One has rubber hair - he's very funky

I tried this stuff called vitaminwater by glaceau. It's not bad.

I'm on a bologna sandwich kick right now. I go through this for about a week every couple of years. And then I go back to PB&J

I'm grateful that Oscar Meyer made a song about it so that I can spell both bologna and meyer.

Neither of which make sense phonetically.

Not that much makes sense phonetically in the English language

Tonight Eureka is on. I love Tuesdays for this very reason

Of course it is also the release day for books, movies and cd's so Tuesdays are all around good days.

And they aren't Monday

I am wearing very sexy bubble gum pink sandals today.

We have a long weekend coming up. I will be off work for four days. FOUR!

Girl J and I are going back to the fair on Saturday. I can't wait! We'll take more pictures. Maybe even of some food this time. Maybe just food. Hmmmmm

I few minutes ago I had a passing thought that I needed to pick something up tonight at Target. I have no idea what it was.

Couldn't have been that important.

Or, it is important and I will remember at 5 minutes to 9 tonight.

How do I forget things so fast????

I have mentally walked around the entire store and I have no clue what it was I needed.

Is it sad that I can mentally walk around the entire Target store.

I do need to get nail polish remover but that wasn't it.

Ok, this is going to bug me.

Hugs all around - I gotta go catch a bus.

4 comments:

Kell said...

These ramblings always crack me up. It's like we're just along for the ride but some how a part of it.

Al has 4 days off this weekend too. He wants us to paint the garage. yea hooray.

Coffespaz said...

Love the random thoughts!!

1. Coffee is indeed the nectar of the gods. Iced tea just doesn't taste the same as iced coffee, nor does iced chai, which makes coffee the perfect year 'round treat.

2. I love Vitaminwater, but some of the flavors upset my tummy. :-(

3. Its actually not sad that you can mentally walk around a store to figure out what you need. I think of it as controlled shopping. You can shop before you get there so you are more controlled about your spending. It cuts down on impulse purchases. (Hey, it sounds good right?)

Have a wonderful day, gotta love short weeks! :-)

Tink said...

I honestly don't think I could live without coffee. It's the ONLY thing that makes me function enough to drive in the mornings. And the taste... Mmm. #1 comfort food.

Betty said...

I love thunderstorms, too, especially at night. And, I can't do without my coffee in the morning.

When I go to the grocery store, I always visualize the layout of the aisles, and make my list accordingly. Makes it so much faster and easier.