Thursday, August 23, 2007

Newtness is spreading

It's catchy, be careful. You might find yourself looking for cute shoes. Or even clothing for that matter. Last night I was asked to go with a co-worker to DSW to help her find shoes. Cute ones, not the usual black or brown practical shoes she wears.

She left the store with an adorable patten leather dark red/burgundy colored wedge. The kind of color that would go with anything. And she was so excited because it was way out of her box.

Another co-worker was apparently informed by Girl A that I would be a great resource if she needed help shopping. That I am great at helping people find the perfect clothing. For their style, their body type, and their budget.

Wow, who'd have thunk. I always thought of myself as fashionably impaired.

Anyway, it was a wonderful compliment. I was actually quite touched to know that Girl A thought I did a great job helping her find new items for her wardrobe. Such a great job that she spread the word.

Of course, I have a partner in crime. Girl J and I are a team. It's a joint effort. And we probably really should try to make a business out of it. Personal shoppers. Hmmmm has a nice ring to it.

9 comments:

Tink said...

Ok, you and Girl J need to head my way. I have NO IDEA when it comes to shoes. In my closet right now:

2 pairs of black boots
1 pair of tennis shoes
1 pair of bland tan heels
1 pair of bland black heels
1 pair of flip flops
1 pair of leather sandals
1 pair of brown horse boots
1 pair of sparkly blue dress shoes

I actually base my wardrobe around whatever I have in shoes. So you can see that adds up to a lot of earth tones and black. Bleh.

Jay said...

You could definitely be a personal shopper. They have them in Paris so why not in Minnesota?

J said...

I don't suppose you could find me a pair of cute pumps in a men's size 8, could you? My wife just doesn't understand that sometimes a guy just wants to feel pretty...

Anonymous said...

Tink's shoe selection doesn't sound that far from my own but I do have a little more colour than that.

One thing I've pretty much given up, though, is heels. Flats are better for the back -- at least mine, anyway. And thank god they make them in cute styles now too (and, no, I'm talking about white slingbacks that look like the ones I wore in 1987).

One more thing -- being a personal shopper sounds like a good career for you -- you know, as opposed to making some really great soap.

Courtney said...

I need someone to TAKE my shoes. I've recently tried to stop shopping and am giving some things away. What size do you wear?

Kell said...

Oooohhh! Me! I need help next! I'm trying to wait until the weather starts to change before getting some fall things, but I'm just itching for a pair of fun, high heeled shoes. And some new boots. And some new comfy walkin' around shoes. And some strappy sandals that I probably have no where to where them to but wouldn't they be fun to have.

Anonymous said...

I knew I should have let you take me to DSW when you were visiting here.

Coffespaz said...

Dude, you are SOO hired. Let me know when you are coming to Boston.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are going to have to make plans for your US Shopping Tour soon. Be sure to include Seattle on the list.