Monday, August 20, 2007

Happy Monday!

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. I tend to be rather quiet about these things. Since I don't like making a fuss about stuff. Especially when it means getting older :-)

But I had a marvelous weekend. And I couldn't have asked for a nicer birthday on Sunday.

I know I talked about how things don't matter, that people do but of course I want to share the sweet and wonderful things I got for my b-day.

First, I came upstairs to find this:


The hubster got me this purse and wallet set:
Girl J got me these fabulous shoes
And she got me pj's for my lazy days:
And I got myself this: If you have never had it, Dunkin Donuts makes the BEST coffee!
And there are none out here in MN so I was thrilled beyond words to hear they were going national with their coffee.


My In-laws gave me this:
I must confess this is my first designer purse and I'm afraid to use it :-)

And someone VERY special had this sent to me. Chocolate covered strawberries! Yummy!!!!


We went to see The Simpson's. Which I thought was wonderful. It's exactly like the show only bigger than life. I loved that they stayed true to the show and didn't get weird or anything. I just liked seeing them on the big screen. And Homer had a great line in the film that I can't remember very well. But it was another tender moment from him. He said something to Marge about why he does dumb things during the day and it boiled down to "So it doesn't hurt so much while I wait till I get to be back sleeping next to you" And I know I am quoting that badly but the gist was that his day sucks but the fact that he gets to end his day with Marge is the one bright spot in his life. And of course I went "Awwwwww"
The hubster also took me to dinner at one of my favorite places, it's a little Mexican place in town. Their food is good but their dessert is one of my all time favorites, sopapillas. It's a fried bread that you dip in honey. Ummmmmmmmm.
Hugs all around!

4 comments:

Kell said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday! And don't they all know you well--what great presents. Beautiful shoes.

I've heard that about Dunkin Donuts coffee but I've never had it. Something to try one of these days.

Jay said...

That's a pretty impressive birthday haul!

I might try Dunkin Donuts coffee sometime, but I'm still boycotting Rachael Ray and I think she's still commercials for them. And I don't really drink coffee. LOL

Tink said...

Nice haul!! I'm glad you had a good birthday. You deserve it. :)

P.S. Dunkin Donuts has THE BEST coffee, other than Tully's which is in Seattle. Mmm. I think I might drag Hoop off for a cup of joe and a donut right now.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday.

Every time I go home to Illinois I have to swing by the Dunkin Donuts at least once for a black raspberry jelly donut...they also had this little cream machine where it dispensed cream by lifting this little handle and it would dispense exactly a teaspoon.

There actually used to be a dunkin donuts store over on the other side of Minneapolis (I want to say Eden Prairie but I'm sure I'm wrong...)

Sad ...they need to open a combo dunkin donuts and Sonic on Robert Street :)