Thursday, August 16, 2007

Flying thoughts and pictures

The thoughts whizzing through my head

1. How slowly and painfully can you kill the man that breaks your friend's heart?

2. Where is a good place to hide a body?

3. I'm hungry

4. They mentioned chance of frost for NE Minnesota tonight

5. Are you kidding me?????????????

6. It's only bloody August. WTF?

7. The book I am reading is making me want to explore Minneapolis more

8. Only it's a little harder to get around there now.

9. And I hate traffic

10. And the main artery in the cities is shut down this weekend

11. Thus I will hide in my house or stay very local

12. I miss my puppies all day long

13. I just overheard a co-worker discussing how disgusting someones house was because there was dog fur everywhere and they let the dog on furniture. She was totally appalled.

14. I didn't really like her all that much

15. Now I'm certain I don't

16. Anti-animal people scare me

17. I think there is something wrong with them

18. My dad always said, never trust someone that doesn't like animals

19. Some of the best advice he ever gave me

20. He also said that I should never react to someone that is angry with me. Stay calm and collected. Don't give them what they really want.

21. And be so nice and agreeable that they are apologising to you in the end.

22. It actually does work. I've been using that technique for years.

How about some pictures now:

My beautiful Caleb



My little lap warmer

New Day Lily in the garden

Don't know what this is but it's sure pretty

More garden
Foxglove
Dragon Fly that came to say hello

10 comments:

J said...

Going hand-in-hand with the frost warnings for way up north: I've noticed the leaves on some of the trees around town starting to change (though that probably due more to the drought than the temps). Autumn is right around the corner...

Nettie said...

the broken hearted friend would like to explore Minneapolis with you once the traffice situation is remedied. Talk about serious people watching!

Anonymous said...

I agree with not trusting non-animal people....

Oh and WTF is up with that and FROST? HELL-O! It is August!!

Minneapolis is a fun city to drive around in... I do not get out of my car always though... St Paul is really fun though... I love the hills and the old-time feel.

Jay said...

"18. My dad always said, never trust someone that doesn't like animals"

That's good advice.

My dad told me to never trust a Republican.

Anonymous said...

Even more so, don't trust someone your animals don't like.

Coffespaz said...

Susan hit the nail on the head, my hubby isn't fond of animals...I think only because he didn't have any pets while growing up. Funny part is that animals just LOVE him. :-)

PS Pop by my page when you have a moment, I have a surprise for you.

Kell said...

Frost?!? You've got to be kidding?

Caleb is beautiful, as is your lap warmer.

Oh, and for #1--not nearly slowly or painfully enough.

Tink said...

1 and 2 made me choke on my own spit! Taking a page from that cliche Dixie Chicks song, I say poison in the black-eyed peas. Then dump him in the lake.

Tink said...

P.S. I always love your lists.

Anonymous said...

Anti-animal folks frighten me too. Mind you, I had someone I worked with that said she didn't "like" animals but she was highly allergic. I told her it wasn't that she didn't "like" them it was just that she associated animals with pain instead of pleasure! Poor thing would break out into hives, etc. I think she actually got what I was trying to say.

And, gawd, really, you take the nicest pics of the nicest things!