Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Progress and other nonsense

The Good:
Fridge and Freezer cleaned out
Upstairs bookcase dusted off and organized
Kitchen is still clean
Dining room floor is still clean
Hubster bought more space bags for bedding we need to store
Noticed that you actually could get to exercise equipment without too much problem
Invitations made up and addressed for party we are throwing for father’s day/anniversary

I won’t talk about what has yet to be done. It’s too daunting. I’ll just list the accomplishments.

I know that my folks are not coming to see the house. They figured out a long time ago that I am no June Cleaver. But I really do need to clean up enough so they at least have a place to sleep.

On to other topics.

So, I was wondering; Why do painters wear white?

Nettie’s theory is that it is like having a blank canvas. And all the painting they do helps to make that canvas colorful and bright.

What do you think?

I have just finished Kushiel’s Dart by Jacqueline Carey. What a wonderful story. It’s a must read if you like a little adventure, a little erotica, and a little intrigue all rolled into one package. Thanks Tink for the fabulous read.

I think I told you a while back that the highlight of the trip will be on Friday the 15th when we go on a road trip to rural Wisconsin. Hopefully Dad and I will return with new tattoos. I can’t make any promises, Dad might still back out, but he has committed to at least going out there to think about doing it. He definitely became more excited about the idea after we found the design he will get:


The symbol is Chinese for father and daughter. If he does it he will get the father part (left character) and I will get the daughter part (right character). I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am.

We also have a picnic at a local winery planned for the 16th. We were going to have musical entertainment but our harpist backed out due to her being a counselor at a scout camp. Sigh…………..So I guess I will have to load up my Ipod with Harp music and just hook it to the speakers and play that for the afternoon. It will still be fun.

5 comments:

Kell said...

It sounds like you're going to have a wonderful time. I'm jealous of your relationship with your dad--it's very special.

How cool you and your dad might get tattoos! I wonder if I could convince my mom to do that? [thinks about it] Nah. Won't happen.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have gotten A LOT done.

With your dad, that sounds fun. I hope that you get it. That is special.

Tink said...

I love the tattoos! Where are you guys thinking of getting them?

I'm glad you liked the book. You know, there are two others in Phedra's series. ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the tattoo design / idea! Like Tink, I want to know the placement of said tattoos.

Details please!

J said...

I hope your dad goes through with getting the tattoo. He's pretty cool already, but that will just put him through the roof!

As for the painters, they wear white because in the old days, they used to "white wash" everything (houses, fences, etc.), and white clothes hid the spills. Guys who wore dark colors would be covered in splattered paint, and would be less likely to be hired since they looked sloppy.

(sorry, I tried to think of a clever answer, but my brain got in the way).