Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Happy Tuesday

I'm back. I have a lot of blog reading to catch up on but I promise!

We had a marvelous long weekend. The trip to Wisconsin was wonderful. On the way there we came across a roll-over on 94 Westbound. (we were going east thank goodness) There was about a 3/4 mile back-up of cars and semi's. The poor people had been there since about 6:00 in the morning. We drove by about 8:00. They were outside of their cars, lawn chairs out if they had them. Getting to know their nearby "neighbors". Then for about 10 miles it was eerie emptiness. The highway patrol had detoured traffic off 94 so the West bound highway was completely empty. Once we got to the detour point the traffic was backed up for miles. It was incredible!

Doc's was a lot of fun. Dad didn't get his tattoo :-( I say again :-( but we couldn't pressure him, it's too personal and too permanent. I however have a giant tattoo on my leg. And the hubster has a new dragon, a moon, and clouds on his back. I owe ya'll pictures of his back. My bad.

Then Saturday we went to Alexis Bailey vineyards for our little party. It was PERFECT! Good food, good wine, great family and friends. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect afternoon. The harp player was excellent.

Sunday was Father's Day. We took my dad and the hubster's dad to a chinese buffet. (My dad's favorite thing in the world). It was a lot of fun.

Monday I took them to a local place for breakfast and then we went back to Barnes and Noble. Dad loved that they had a big used book section so he wanted to browse it again. Then I took them to a marvelous little used bookstore called Sixth Chamber on Grand Avenue. It's about the cleanest and best smelling used bookstore I have EVER been in.

I finished The Historian. It was a terrific book. And yesterday afternoon I started "the Darwin Conspiracy" by John Darnton. I am more than half way through already. It's wonderful.

Oh, sorry, I bet you are waiting for pictures: This is actually a show so the pictures change as you watch it. Or you can click somewhere on the box and it will take you to the site.



Enjoy!

8 comments:

J said...

Cassandra! Looks like she's all ready to take a trip with the UPS guy.

Coffespaz said...

Sounds like a wonderful time had by all. Pictures are terrific!

Jay said...

Can't wait for pics of the tats!

Glad you had such a great time.

graymama said...

The phoenix is BADASS! I am glad that your time was so great :-)

{{{{lurking hugs}}}} <3

Anonymous said...

A used bookstore that smells wonderful? I didn't know they existed...well, unless you are like Shaun and *like* that musty old smell.

Kell said...

It sounds and looks like a wonderful long weekend. That is the coolest fence I've ever seen! And the tattoo is amazing--you are so much braver than I am.

The pictures make me want to go to Wisconsin.

Anonymous said...

That is a really neat tat. And it looks like your vacation was splendid!

Tink said...

Oh no, he didn't get it? :-(

Why?

BTW: I start "Lovely Bones" tonight. I love having a new book to read. Thanks for the suggestion.