Thursday, June 21, 2007

I’m in my happy place - honest

That’s what I had to tell myself this morning. In fact I had to chant it for a while. A long while. 25 minutes to be exact.

I got sick in the middle of the night. 2:23 to be exact. And stayed awake for the remainder of the night, finally falling into a deep sleep about 5:20. The alarm went off at 5:30. I fell back into a deep sleep till 5:43 – when I suddenly bolted awake realizing the hubster should have already gotten out of bed but was still next to me.

So, since we got up late, which meant that I only got one cup of coffee this morning, I stopped at the gas station on the way to the bus and got myself some coffee. I didn’t get too far into the cup before the bus came. So I got on, stumbled to an empty seat and sat down, or by the time I actually planted my tush it was more of a plop down since the bus lurched and turned the corner at the exact same moment. Thus spilling coffee everywhere. All over my arm, my bag, the seat, the side of the bus. It was fabulous. It was running down my arm into my shirt. Just lovely. Luckily I had napkins with me. So I cleaned everything up, and while doing so I realized that the bus is giving off this high pitched, ear bleeding whine. The kind of noise that jumps around in your head and kicks off a most excellent headache. I also at the same time became aware of the mad cow gum chewer behind me. I honestly didn’t know it was possible to chew gum that loudly. His mouth was WIDE open. So much so that the air was permeated with a mint smell.

“Go to your happy place, go to your happy place, go to your happy place…………”

I tried to loose myself in my book but I was having a difficult time with the cacophony of annoying noises around me.

I KNOW that today will get better. It can’t honestly get worse. Well, actually it can, but as I have been anticipating a particular bit of bad news I’m ok with it being piled on to my day.

The things I have to look forward to: Giving Nettie her birthday surprises and taking her out to lunch. Followed by ice cream and people watching.

Broasted chicken and ribs with the folks tonight.

Friday OFF – yes, that’s right – OFF – Vacation – NO WORK – Sleeping in!

We might go see POC 3 since we haven’t yet – for shame! Also the farmer’s market, and a picnic at one of the lakes are possibilities. Basically the weekend is wide open.

Speaking of stuff…………………………..

Last night I took my mom to my sister-in-law’s for a knitting lesson. She wanted Mom to show her how to read patterns. So while we did that the hubster and my dad watched a movie and drank scotch. I think it was the first time ever they “bonded” just the two of them. They watched “Goodnight and Good Luck” and they both seemed to have really enjoyed themselves. At least I hope they did……………

5 comments:

J said...

Awww! I want to watch movies and drink scotch too. Its a little early here, but its happy hour in Glasgow...

Kell said...

I hope your day is getting better by the minute. At least you have great things to look forward to.

Anonymous said...

It took dh and my dad nearly ten years before they finally bonded. Geez.

Hope your day had gotten MUCH better.

Jay said...

Just keep thinking about that day off tomorrow and all that great sleep in your future. And all the fun planned for the weekend.

Tink said...

What was Nettie's surprise? :D