Friday, June 29, 2007

Random Friday

This morning on the news they were talking about the car bomb in London.

I just have ONE question. Why is it a "Suspected" car bomb according to CNN but it is simply just a car bomb that was diffused on BBC?

Do we not believe them? Are we saying they faked it to get some attention?

This isn't the first time either. I've noticed on more than one occasion they use terms that make it seem like the incident may not be really all it's cracked up to be. The subway bombings in London had the same exact title "Suspected bombing" - what the hell else could it be??? They know for sure it wasn't a crash or a gas explosion. That pretty much leaves bombing.

So what if the BBC did the same thing and said "Suspected" terrorist attacks on the Twin Towers.

Damn, knowing Commander Coo-Coo Bananas he's nuke the crap out of the BBC for suggesting it was "suspected"

Or am I just blowing this all out of proportion? Maybe my level of respect for the media and for our government has crashed so incredibly impossibly low that I challenge everything that comes out of their mouths. But honestly, do they really think that Britain is just making this shit up for attention? WTF???

By the way, since I got a PG rating on my blog I'm working on getting a more dignified rating. I'm working toward R - thus all the swearing in the above rant.

In other more Newt like news:

One of the girls at work asked me to go to lunch with her. We picked a place a few buildings over in the skyway. Unfortunately when we got there we found out that every business in that building had been closed. Odd, but ok. So we decided to get pizza from this little place in our food court. I'd never had it before. OH MY GOD! This is some of the best pizza I have had outside of New York. This is the first place that has "that flavor" that only New York pizza seems to have. Of course the guys all look like they just got off the subway so to speak and they yell back and forth in fluent Italian. Odds are it's where they are from. And I am very very thankful they are here. It is truly the best damn pizza I have had in ages. I'm in love. I fully admit it. (got another swear word in there)

Hopefully tonight I can talk the hubster into going to play some disc golf. I'm a little addicted after just the first try.

Oh, and the hubster doesn't have to work Friday's in the summer. But bless his heart he got up with me this morning and made me a fresh batch of muffins. How sweet is he???? I love my hubster. Then, since the muffins came out of the oven just when I should have left for the bus he drove me in so I got a bonus 1/2 hour to sit and drink coffee, cuddle with Lily and talk to the hubby. Oh, and as you noticed above, got to watch the news.

Well, until Monday, have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs to all!

4 comments:

Kell said...

What a sweetie he is!

You have a wonderful weekend, too.

Anonymous said...

Suspected my @ss.

I have about as much faith in the reports as you do.


Your hubster sounds like a very special man. You are very lucky to have each other.

Tink said...

Newt dear... I hate to point it out, but "WTF" doesn't actually constitute as cussing unless you spell it out. ;)

Awww at hubby making you muffins and then driving you to work. Hoop would do the driving bit but not the cooking. It's enough that I con him into helping chop the onions for dinner.

Have a great weekend!

Jay said...

You seem to be implying that since those guys allegedly spoke Italian that they are thought to be from Italy.

You hit on one of my pet peeves. Either somebody said something or they didn't. Our media always uses "implied" or "intimated" or "suggested" lines. Pisses me off.