Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Perfect Dinner and mumblings for Wednesday

Last night to celebrate we went to Mama Maria's in Hudson. And as always the meal was sumptuous and the service was exceptional. We started with an appetizer that was a special little pizza. It was a seasoned flat bread covered in tomatos, herbs, mozzarella, and a reduced balsamic. Light and very very tasty.

We all had salads and then for a main course my dad had stuffed pork tenderloins and a cannelloni. Mom and Hubster had a chicken and pasta dish that was served in a white wine cream sauce, and I had their cannelloni with half red and half white sauce.

Dessert for mom and dad was a slice of mocha cheesecake. Hubster and I shared a bowl of peach cobbler. Both were to die for.

Dad and Hubster also had martini's. I had a white Russian coffee.

Simply perfect..............................

In other news:

***Lily is SO comfortable with my parents now that she is diving into their laps for love. She loves to lay across laps and squirmy worm around while she gets scratches. Both the hubster and I were so happy to hear that she was doing that. We'll take puppy progress any time we can get it.

***There is a wonderful store in downtown St. Paul called Candyland. They sell candy by the pound, they make chocolates, carmels, and popcorn. It's a wonderful place to visit. Dangerous too. I think everyone that walks through their doors turns 10 instantly. I picked out something for everyone in the family. It's one of those places that you hope never ever goes away.

***I've been reading The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. This book is so far absolutely wonderful, engaging and fascinating. I"m half way through and loving every page.

***Work relationships are interesting. You can work with someone day in and day out and never really connect. For whatever reason you don't find a commonality that takes it from a work association to a friendship. But then something comes along that for whatever reason seems to make that final "connection" and you suddenly find yourself becoming friends. And not only becoming friends but truly becoming a "Person" to the other. I'm not sure how to better describe it. But suddenly you find yourself knowing them not just as a face and a name but as a person with a life, with a story, with a personality that goes beyond the day to day. I've recently found a friendship with someone at work and I'm amazed at how differently I see this person. I always thought she was very sweet and from the day she started I liked her. But now that we have gotten to know each other a little better I see a whole new person. I was talking about her during dinner last night and I realized that she is someone that I like very much. And I am somewhat fascinated by this evolution of friendship. And then I realized that the friends that I have now that I am very close to had the exact same evolution. We worked together, we were faces and names to each other and then some event or some conversation pushed that acquaintance to a new level. And then at some point they became friends and not co-workers. They stop being "My Co-worker" and they become "My Friend".

***Nope, that's it, that's all the mumblings. Can't think of anything else.

Happy Wednesday Hump Day!

4 comments:

Jay said...

You can never go wrong with Italian food for a family night out. That sounded good.

Anonymous said...

I will have to check out that resturant!

OMG CANDYLAND is THE best Candy Store EVER!!!!


Glad your dinner went well!

Have a great one!

Kell said...

I want to go to Candyland! What a great name, too. We have a place in downtown Omaha kind of like that but it's mostly salt water taffy, which I love. Who am I kidding? If is has sugar in it, I love it!

Dinner sounds wonderful, too.

Tink said...

You are making me SO hungry! And now, for some reason, the goldfish crackers I'm eating don't look as appetizing. ;)