Tuesday, June 12, 2007

8 Goats and One roasted chicken later

My dad said that when I met the right man, the one he wanted his daughter to marry he would serve him a roasted chicken. That would be his sign to me that everything was going to be ok. And so any time I mentioned a guy dad would immediately ask if he was roasted chicken material.

So when I met the hubster and moved so quickly to Minnesota Dad never had a chance to really spend time with him and/or decide if he was roasted chicken material. The next time I would see Dad would be for my wedding. But somehow we managed to get a roasted chicken in there before the actual wedding. It was important to both of us that the chicken got served. Superstitious? Maybe, but Dad was determined to serve a chicken before the big event.

Somewhere in there also developed the joke that Dad bribed the hubster with a dowry. And at some point it was decided that he would pay the hubster in goats. So over the years when I am talking to Dad on the phone the hubster will pipe up that he hasn't gotten his goat yet for the year.

Well, today marks the arrival of goat number 8. And I want to say that I am happier than I have ever been and more deeply in love today than 8 years ago. The hubster is my best friend, my confidant, my family. He is my home, my safety, my happiness. And I love him more than I can even describe.

Happy Anniversary Hubster. You are the best!
And now what you have all been waiting for:

Shaved Lily

Shaved Sophie

Flamingos with sunglasses


Poppy in my yard

Tinker being crazy on the stairs
















8 comments:

Jay said...

Happy anniversary!

Love the flamingos.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

I love your yard!

Tink said...

But what would he do with EIGHT goats? ;)

The dogs look great! Did they run around feeling the air on their skin after it was done?

J said...

^^ I'm betting the hubster, if he could swing it, would rig the goats up to the front of the car, so they could pull him down the road like a bunch of short reindeer, laughing as he rode past people lined up at the gas station.

Lily looks like a totally different dog after getting her haircut.

Coffespaz said...

Happy Anniversary! We are in our 8th year, and I feel the same way about my hubby. Its a wonderful feeling isn't it? Now, what are you going to do with 8 goats?? :giggle:

Love the pics and kudos on the flamingo dress-up. Too cute!

Kell said...

Happy Anniversary! Congrats to you and the hubster.

The dogs look so very cute. Our dog always looked like a puppy when we shaved her for the summer, too. And she had spots we never knew about, too! The hair does hide a lot.

Anonymous said...

Happy |Anniversary!

Sophie looks rather like Bailey looks, now that she's shaved. We do have the same taste in pups, don't we?

graymama said...

Happy Anniversary :-)