Wednesday, June 06, 2007

4 days till arrival

The Good:
The Bird cage is cleaned and moved
Lil Max the lovebird is now hanging out with us in our bedroom
The initial vacuum job has been done in the guest room
The guestroom dresser and table have been dusted
The dining room floor has only a few doggie tumble weeds blowing around
The kitchen is mostly clean but we need to run the dishwasher
The lawn has been mowed
Stinky Lily has a grooming appointment for Saturday morning
Sophie has her appointment on Monday (she'll get a bath though before they arrive)
Dog kennel is ready for little Othello's arrival

Aside from being a busy beaver last night trying to make headway on the house I don't have a whole lot to report.

Though I do have to ask you............

When you get an idea in your head and you know it's a great one. I mean a really really really great idea do you totally obsess over it and feel a need to have this idea in the works like yesterday? Cause sometimes I get ideas I like so much I loose sleep because I am so excited.

5 comments:

Jay said...

Yes! I do the same thing. I get an idea and I have to start on it right then in some way. Like get online and look stuff up or go to the library and get a book that will help or whatever. Yeah, I do that. Sometimes though after I get started on it I lose interest. I just let things go. I have about 1,000 unfinished ideas and projects, mostly cause when I hit the first road block I get to discouraged. Sad huh?

Kell said...

I guess it runs in the family because I'm just like Jay. Sometimes all the fun is in the planning for me.

Congrats on getting so much done!

J said...

Most of my great ideas for projects run this way:
1. Come up with great idea.
2. Make a list of what needs to be done to implement the idea.
3. Realize how much work is involved.
4. Conclude that things are pretty good the way they are.
5. File list in "future projects" file and go get a beer.

Anonymous said...

Love the idea buzz! It's intoxicating, no? I'm the same. I head for whatever my idea is/was with gusto.

Some work out, some don't. It's all good my friend.

Go for it!

Anonymous said...

Yeah. I can be obsessive when it comes to a great idea.

I try not to lose sleeo though... But it happens!


Sounds like all the cleaning is coming well!!!!