Monday, June 11, 2007

15 minutes to spare

The house was ready. I felt ok about them coming at 2:15. Dad called at 2:30 to say they had arrived.

Lily looks freak'n adorable. I will download and post pictures of her tomorrow. She looks like a totally different dog. Actually she almost looks like a tiny puppy of some non-descript breed. Who would have known she has such long legs. She's also much skinnier than you'd think. It's amazing what a whole lotta fur hides or adds.

I also made great progress on my "big idea" I spent part of Saturday hunting down more pieces for it. Since the groomer needed 3 hours in order to get Lily completely done I had the time on my hands. I also hit a point where I couldn't really do any more work until the Hubster did his share (removing his clothing from the guest room) so I spent Saturday night happily assembling parts of my big idea. I'm actually sort of proud of myself that not only did I get hit upside the head with this great idea but my enthusiasm for it is still going strong. Much like a few of you mentioned my great ideas usually come on like a storm and then fizzle out quite rapidly never completed. This one though, so far, still interested :-)

Sunday with the parents was fun. Dad and I sat outside for a while while the dogs played. He brought Othello, a wired haired dachshund and he fit right in. The only dog that hadn't met him was Caleb and for some reason Caleb LOVES the little guy. In fact he's become a little protective of him. It's a little funny actually. Caleb is freak'd out by my parents presence and has yet to adjust to them being here. But he took to Othello instantly and whenever my parents would pick up Othello or pet him, Caleb would start barking at them. Considering both Caleb and Lily really never had human contact their whole life but did always have dogs around they must just have an incredibly strong sense of pack. So Othello just naturally joined the pack. And as a member of the pack he has to be protected from those evil tall things with only two legs. His behavior makes sense and matches the history we know he has. It's just fascinating to watch it in action.

We watched "Saved" last night. My parents hadn't seen it. And they loved it. Mike, if you are reading this, Dad wants to make sure you have seen it. It's a pretty funny and also endearing look at being a Born Again Christian. And what it really means to be a good Christian.

Lastly, the pink flamingo joke between my dad and I escalated to new heights. I dressed up the flamingos in the yard in flowers and sunglasses just to celebrate Dad's arrival. And mom and dad presented me with a Hawaiian shirt covered in pink flamingos. And mom cross-stitched a book mark with a flamingo on it. Oh, and they also gave me a little flamingo they had found at an art show. I served Dad his dinner on a pink flamingo tray.

Pictures tomorrow. Of dressed up flamingos and "naked" puppies.

Hugs all around
Newt

6 comments:

Jay said...

Pink Flamingos all around huh? LOL

Get a pic of the shirt with the flamingos all over it. I bet THAT is hilarious!

J said...

I can't wait to see the yard flamingos dressed in sunglasses and lei's.

Betty said...

Sounds like you're having fun. Can't wait to see the photos.

Tink said...

Oh man, that flamingo thing is going to stick around for AWHILE. I can see a theme for every holiday from this point on. ;)

I can't wait for the pictures!

Coffespaz said...

Sounds like you are really enjoying their visit! Glad your stress earlier has some positive results. Can't wait to see the pics.

Anonymous said...

EEk! it all sounds so good. Is it Tuesda yet? I want to see pictures!!