Friday, June 08, 2007

2 Days

The good news:

-I cleaned up the big ugly weeds in the gardens. Well, except for the giant dandelion but I need to find our tool to pull that sucker out as it is in the middle of my ground cover.
-Kitchen is still pretty clean
-Dining room as well
-The hubster is off today and has a honey do list.

Also realized that they don't arrive till almost 3 on Sunday which is like getting a WHOLE extra day to get ready.

I'm really looking forward to taking Lily in tomorrow morning. I think she will benefit greatly from getting shaved down. I just hope she doesn't bite the groomer. I plan to have a frank and honest discussion with the groomer so she knows what could potentially happen with her. The groomer is awesome and I assume this won't be her first traumatized dog. I will be sure to take before and after pictures. :-)

And while Lily is getting groomed I get to do my favorite thing.................wander around Barnes and Noble. Ahhhh, I'm giddy just thinking about it.

So Dad was telling me he doesn't know if he wants his tattoo. He thinks he's too old and at his age it's just silly. But I'll keep working on him. Ultimately it has to be his decision though and I will respect whatever he decides to do. He did say that if he gets it he will have it put either at the top of his shoulder or the top of his arm. I will get the daughter portion at the bottom of my Phoenix tattoo which is going on my ankle.

I think this weekend I am going to try to talk the hubster into going to see POTC. Take a break from furious house cleaning and go have some fun. I think it has been out long enough that we can get our pick of seats and not have 10 zillion other people in the theater with us. I'm not a huge fan of theatre crowds.

Yesterday they told us that nature was going to unleash hell and fury on the Twin Cities. They had tornado warnings, severe storm warnings, etc. etc. etc. I even heard that storm chasers were all heading up our way because these storms were supposed to be so huge and incredibly violent.

Uh, well, blue skys and wind. That was all we had. OK, I'll be totally honest, we had one dark cloud pass over the house and it rained for all of 4 seconds. But no hell nor no fury reigned down upon us. Or even rained down upon us for that matter.

It always seems to happen that way. Prepare for the wrath of god and we get sunny and 70. Tell us we might see a drizzle or two and it's the apocalypse.

Go figure........................

So, at your job, if you were THIS wrong would you still have it in the morning or would you be taking your box of personal stuff home? I want weather man job security. Dang...............

3 comments:

J said...

R and I went and saw POTC last Friday, and had no trouble getting a decent seat. Its been out long enough, and they show it on so many screens now, you shouldn't have any trouble. BTW, it seriously rocked.

Courtney said...

I think the tattoo thing is such a cool idea, and a really special experience. Who better to share a lifelong bond with like that than your dad? My dad wanted to get a tattoo of a wedding ring on his left finger because he so despises wearing jewelry, but my mom hates that he doesn't wear a ring. He was disappointed when I told him the artist I go to said hand tattoos are the worst and wear off really quickly. I told him I'd take him to get any other tattoo he wanted, though!

Kell said...

Hope you're having a wonderful time with the folks! Can't wait to hear the stories and see the pics of Lily.