Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Musings of Newt

I am packed. The nice thing about a road trip is that you don’t have to limit your packing. I don’t need to worry about the knife in my purse. Or the small bottle of lotion.

However, the down side to that is I can pack anything I want. And when you do that your suit case gets mighty darn heavy. And I packed WAY more shoes than normal. I did leave the 4 inch heels at home. Those just won’t be good walking shoes. Even if they are sexy as all get out.

Besides, there are SOOOO many shoe stores between here and Indy.

I was at Target last night picking out car snacks for the trip. I was debating a box of Cheese Nips so I called Girl J to see if she liked them. She cracked up because she had just pulled a box of cheese nips out of her grocery bag. We think alike. Which is probably a good thing since we are stuck in a car together for 10 hours or so.

Another down side to road trip vs. plane trip, you can bring food. And lots of it. Between the two of us we have enough snacks to feed a small army. But there is nothing wrong with that. Girl J said something about calories not counting on way overdue vacation road trips. And I believe her.

Books are another plus to the old road trip. I packed 3. Chances are I won’t read all of them. And sure I could have picked up a book if I need to while I was there. But why? When I can just throw them in the car with no consequence??? But then I have to go back to that down side of road trip: heavy stuff to lug around.

So, aside from all of that I am going to dearly miss the hubster and the zoo. As always I was close to tears having to leave my babies. But maybe after I come home I can look forward to an additional baby joining our household. If the Petfinder Fates decide it should be so.

On a different note:

The hubster and I sometimes end up on the same wave length about very odd and random things. Then one of us will say something, sometimes more like thinking out loud, and the other one of us will pipe up with “Hey, I was thinking about that………..”

We had another occurrence of this phenomenon on Monday. The hubster asked me how many movies or shows I actually watch on Showtime and or HBO now. And I told him I had actually been thinking about that over the weekend and the answer was none. And I went on to say that I was thinking maybe we should cancel the two premiums and sign up for something like Netflix instead. And we’d probably get more for our money. He started to laugh because he had spent the afternoon looking at the on line rental companies and talking with co-workers about who they used. So, yesterday we kissed HBO and Showtime goodbye. And today we will say hello to Netflix.

And that kids, is the end of my ramblings of Newt for the day. Newt’s Muse will be closed till Tuesday September 5th. Until then, I will be hanging out with four fellow bloggers in the beautiful town of Indy.

I hope maybe future travels will take me to other blogger towns. Or maybe your travels will take you to mine. We all need to have a few personal blog cons!

Hugs all around! Be safe. Have a great holiday weekend.

Cheers!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah, Netflix. I knew eventually you'd come over to the dark side. muah ha ha ha...

Jay said...

What? No Newt until next Tuesday? I don't know if we can survive that. Maybe you need a lap top with a wireless card.

The great thing about a road trip is roadside attractions. I alwyas stop at those crazy places.

Kell said...

Yeah, I'm with Jay! Surely there's a computer you could use somewhere!?!

Have a safe and wonderful trip. We'll be thinkin' about ya.

Tink said...

*Sniffle* I'm going to miss you!! Have fun though. Take pictures. Be safe. Don't forget to write... er, blog when you can.

graymama said...

Have a great time!

I will miss you :-(

Lynanne said...

Good luck on the new addition to the family (what kind of furry baby is it?)

Have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

I am SO with you on piling anything you can in the car. It's only a problem when you need to fid something! Have a wonderful time!