Friday, August 04, 2006

Tagged for a meme and other Friday ramblings

The Five meme
I was tagged by Susan

5 items in my freezer:
1. strawberries
2. peanut butter m&m’s
3. thin mints
4. unknown meat
5. coffee

5 items in my closet:
1. wedding dress
2. more shoes than I will admit to
3. step stool (too short to reach the shelves)
4. sweatshirts – ahhh my favorite thing about winter
5. bucket of lego’s

5 items in my car:
1. sun reflector for front window
2. Ipod converter to play tunes in car
3. driving glasses
4. broken ring
5. shoes – damn, there’s where those went

5 items in my purse:
1. keys – with Lego Hagrid keychain
2. cell phone
3. fairy check book cover – with checks inside of course
4. Kitty cat coin purse I got in Dallas
5. tape measure

And added by Tink:
5 items in my junk drawer
1. wine bottle corks
2. creepy kitty cheese spreaders
3. wine jewelz (decorative rings for glass to let you know who’s glass is who’s.
4. batteries to who knows what
5. clothes pins – to seal chip bags, ice bag, etc.

**********************************************

J&R came over last night and we watched V for Vendetta. I liked the movie even more the second time around.

**********************************************

Miami Ink did not repeat last night.........bastards.............

**********************************************

Thank God it's Friday - last night just before I closed up shop and headed down to meet the hubster a meeting invitation was sent to me. Yeah, I get to find out what I'll be doing as a career going forward. Yippee! I have a gut feeling I know where we are headed and that doesn't make me all too happy. But, I have my health and I get a pay check. And I can post out for another position.

Speaking of gut. I don't cope well with this sort of doomed anticipation. So of course I spent the evening with a giant pit of despair hanging around in my stomach. Which lead to a completely sleepless night. Which led to the bigger pit of despair this morning.

I tried very very hard to convince myself this would all work out and I would remain happy. I tried, honest I did. I always try very hard to be on the bright and positive side of the universe. I pride myself on my tendency toward positive thinking. Unfortunately sometimes, pessimism gets the better part of me.

***********************************************
On a brighter note, I have breakfast with the girls tomorrow (we're doing the coffee and Black Sheep pastry thing - yum) and I have a fancy to do in the evening. Yes, kids, it's finally here.
I'm going to the black tie optional wedding. I'll tell you all about it Monday.

2 comments:

Jay said...

Hopefully everything will work out on the job front. It may turn out to be really fun and challenging. Or, you can MAKE it fun and challenging.

Weddings are OK, better than funerals. haha

Tink said...

"creepy kitty cheese spreaders" And no pictures? *Tisk tisk*

I loved V for Vendetta. It's probably one of the only movies I've seen lately that has surpassed my expectations.

Well I'm off to let work whip me around some more before running from this building screaming, "SCREW YOU, I'm on vacation."

But I will miss you!

MUAH