Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Mysteries solved and jaws dropped

Mystery Solved

Well, as weird coincidences go the customer who's last name matched my angry wife caller's actually called me yesterday morning. As soon as he said who he was I thought "Uh Oh". But as it turned out he only needed some technical info on our products. And I chickened out of asking him............

I did have to email him some information. He needed details on a floor stripper. And when I emailed him I originally titled the email "Stripper Info." then my brain kicked in and I renamed it with the actual product name.

But alas later in the day I had to call him again with a contract negotiation request. His company is changing their relationship with us and I needed some documents for our legal department. So, after he and I discussed what I needed from them I sucked it up and I asked.

"So, T_______ I have a question to ask you. And I just want to let you know that it is one of those way out in left field sorts of questions."

Laughing he said, "Ok, I'm forewarned, what is your question?"

"Well,.............are you married?"

Again, he laughs, "Uh, yes, I am."

"Can I ask you what your wife's name is?"

"It's J________ why?"

"Well,,,,,,,,,,,,"

"Just say it, what's going on?"

He's still laughing by the way.

"Well, she called me"

"She did? Why?"

"Well, I didn't speak with her personally, she left me a voice mail. But basically she said that you and I need to keep it professional and stop with the personal stuff."

He's still laughing...............

"Oh man, I'm so sorry that you had to get involved in this, alright, I'll tell you what is going on."

"She and I have been separated for 10 months. We got separated because she was seeing someone else."

"Now, I have started to see someone who happens to be named Rebecca."

"So, I am guessing she got your name from my contacts."

"I'm so very sorry that this had to happen to you."

"That's ok, I am actually happy to at least know who called me. And the fact that you are 6 states away makes me feel a little safer."

"I'll take care of it, she won't be calling you anymore. Again, I'm very sorry."

"No worries. Just take care, and good luck with this whole thing."

"Thanks, I'll be talking to you.........."

So, there you have it Mystery solved. I notified HR what the deal was. Hopefully this doesn't put a mark on my record :-) Guilt by association.

******************************************************
Now on to Jaws dropped

As you know I am a fan of Miami Ink. Last night they had a new episode on. A guy came in to the studio to have a snake put on his arm. Apparently this required him to take off his shirt and pull his pants down to about mid hip.

HOLY SHIT

That man didn't just have a 6 pack. He had, how do you say it, he had the body that Michelangelo had in mind when he sculpted David. I don't know if I have ever seen a more beautiful body. (Sorry honey, I love you very much, but DAMN)

I fell off the couch.

Repeat Wednesday night - TLC - 11:00 central.

3 comments:

Tink said...

"Repeat Wednesday night - TLC - 11:00 central." HOW did you know what I was going to ask? ;)

I am so glad you solved the case of the angry mystery caller. Good for you- biting the bullet and asking. That chick is a NUT JOB. Her soon to be ex has his hands full.

Jay said...

Glad that all worked out. What a psycho. That poor guy.

That guy on Miami Ink is only borrowing my abs for the show. He has to give them back soon. HAHAHAHHAHAHA .. That was a good one.

F&W said...

'Allo Newt! I've come via Tink and/or Jay. :o)

I just dropped in to say I had a look 'round and was tres intrigued by your space voyage...so I stole it. Hope that's alright!