Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Random Newt

Farmers Markets Rock!

Speaking of farmers markets, fresh corn on the cob is the best best best part of summer.

Miami Ink finally repeated last night. I recorded “the body” for Girl J and brought it in this morning. She agreed, and suffered hot flashes.

One week till tattoo day!

22 days till I leave for my own personal Blog Con

Mean people suck

This seems like a long week already

Saying on a picture in my cube:
“I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile I keep dancing.”

I read it every time I’m having a bad day.

And then I dance.

There are the prettiest purple flowers growing in my yard. They are coming from a plant that spent the first part of summer mostly dead despite all my efforts to water and baby it it always looked droopy and sparse. Then after we got so much rain and the temperatures dropped a little it got big and green and put forth the most beautiful flowers. This proves two things:
- Never give up – even the saddest and weakest in this world have great potential
- All of us have beauty, but for some it is hidden inside and only after someone gets to know us and hang around us does that beauty have the chance to come out.

2 comments:

Jay said...

Well I'm glad they finally re-ran "the body" for you. I wasn't sure you were going to survive much longer without it.

Good job bringing that flower back from the dead.

Kell said...

I can't wait to see your tattoo! How long do you think it will take? It looked pretty intricate.

Nice philosophies for today.