Monday, August 21, 2006

Weekend recap

Saturday was my birthday so my girlfriends took me out for a fun day. We started the day off at Black Sheep Café. Coffee and bacon/cheese scones. (The yummiest scone EVER)

Then we headed to Hudson Wisconsin for a day of shopping. Hudson is a quaint little town along the St. Croix river. The shops are all small family owned businesses and we had a lot of fun wandering around. The girls got me a birthday girl crown so I got to parade around look’n a bit silly.

Lunch was at San Pedro Cafe. We shared their scrumptious nachos as well as a pizza. The crown did come in handy though because birthday guests get dessert! So they topped off the meal with Key Lime Pie and Chocolate Chili cake. The chocolate chili cake was phenomenal. They both were actually but the chocolate chili was like nothing I had ever had before. Now I crave two things from this place.

In the evening the hubster and I just hung out with the puppies. He got me the Brisco County Jr. DVD collection. It’s all I wanted for my birthday! Late in the evening we walked down to our Dairy Queen and had treats. Mud Pie blizzard! (fudge, coffee, and oreo’s mixed into ice cream)

Sunday was a nice quiet day at home. I managed to finish one novel called The Nameless Day by Sara Douglass as well as Crusader’s Cross by James Lee Burke.

Weekend word challenge

If I had a digital camera this would be easier, but since I don’t you’ll have to use your imagination:

Fantasy:
(Picture, if you will)
a clean, dog hair free, vertical surfaces visible, couch cover straight and barf free, dusted, fresh smelling, living room

Reality:
(Now picture if you will)
A disasterous mess with newspapers all over the floor, cat and dog hair tumble weeds all over the place, a crooked couch cover with cat barf on it, a coffee table with no visible vertical surface, dusty shelves, dog bones, toys, and shoes scattered all over the floor, living room.

6 comments:

Kell said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like a nice way to spend the day. And that cake sounds awesome. My hubby likes to sprinkle a little bit of red pepper into his hot chocolate. A little goes a long way.

I love that you changed it to a word challenge. When we had our dog, that was our reality. Come to think of it, it's kind of that way still, just no dog hair.

Jay said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm glad you had a great day. Chocolate Chili cake does sound awesome. I think.

You gave great descriptions of the words. I can really visualize it. Yuk. hahahahaa Just kidding.

Tink said...

Happy Birthday Newt!! Black Sheep Cafe eh? Did you... ahem, DO anything that would warrant that title?

Newt said...

Kell, where does Daily live? I guess I assumed that was your dog. I have to read better. :-)

Jay, trust me, there are days I gross myself out living here. I get it clean and keep it that way for less time than it takes for my hubby to walk into the room and sit on the couch. So I have reached a state of "Why bother" It's a hell of a lot easier on my nerves.

Tink, actually when we were out shopping I found this little pin that says Black on top with a picture of a sheep in the middle. I bought it. To sum up: divorced once, tattoo'd, child free, non church going, democrat - I am SO the black sheep of the family. I do believe I have actually had family members discuss amongst themselves what a
"disapointment" I turned out to be. Within ear shot of course.

Newt said...

Wow, I just re-read my comments and I sound a little angry. I'm really not that way. I'm actually in a really good mood. Or maybe it's because I just had to send birthday cards off to the person that has referred to me as the disapointment. Could be that.

I hope you all know that I love you!

Tink said...

You don't sound like a "black sheep" to me... More like a hella lot of fun. ;)