Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Tuesday ramblings of Newt

Did you ever get into the shower and then daydream just enough that you forget what you need to do?
For instance this morning I was thinking about bloggers for some reason and reached for the soap only to stare a little dumbfounded because I hadn't washed my hair yet which always gets done first.

Why are people cruel to animals? I'm just curious. Even the bible said that we should love all gods creatures. But it seems that people, even the self righteous holier than thou seem to ignore that part. I don't get it.

I need to start working on increasing my jewelry inventory for craft shows this fall. They start in October and I haven't made anything all year. I was supposed to make stuff all year so I wouldn't be in a time crunch come fall. I failed that goal miserably.

I think I failed because I prefer reading to all other activities (except one particular activity, mind you).

My hubster made blueberry/peach cobbler last night. We haven't tried it yet.

The worms and birds are going to eat/destroy all the fruit on our trees before we get to have any. Sigh....

I got this new age c.d. that combines native drums, nature, and cool music. I'm going to put it on as soon as I am done here.

Though I will probably switch to the ipod mixes since the drums might put me to sleep.

I had a great time last night with Girl J. We went to Kohls and then Noodles and Co. It was just one of those perfect evenings with a friend.

My tattoo itches

My puppy Max is sleeping on the floor right by my feet.

Dogs are so trusting and love you unconditionally. Why is it so easy for people to be cruel to them?????

We leave for our own private blogger convention in 8 days!

The fair opens in 2 days.

Days till I gorge on cheese curds and deep fried twinkies: 5

That is all, have a wonderful day kids.

8 comments:

Tink said...

CHEESE CURDS? Ok I know I grossed everyone out with my creamed corn story, but cheese curds? That made my stomach turn. Although I'm all for the twinkies!

Newt said...

Tink - I thought the same thing when I moved up here. And then I tried them, and then I fell in love. Very similar to fried mozzarella sticks. Only it's not a bread crumb based coating. And you eat them without sauce. Cheese curds are really just very fresh cheese that hasn't been shaped into a block yet.

Kell said...

I can't wait for the state fair to start here. Do you have a butter sculpture? I had never heard of that until I moved to Ohio, and it's even bigger in Nebraska.

You didn't eat a cobbler as soon as it came out of the oven? With ice cream to cool all the lava?

What kind of jewelry do you make?

Anonymous said...

mmmm....State Fair. Is it wrong that I'm starting to crave corn dogs, cheese curds, and this year's favorite, Tater Tot Hotdish on a stick?

Jay said...

I would have already dug into that peach cobbler! I'm amazed at people who bake something like that and then wait a day to start eating it.

graymama said...

Eat a Snickers on a stick for me :-) Gosh, I need to make tater tot hotdish again. It has been a long time.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

Newt said...

Kel, yep, we do butter sculptures. They also always make sculptures of the priness court. Nothing more creepy than giant butter heads of pretty girls.

The hubster STARTED the cobbler at 9:30 at night. So it wasn't out of the oven till way after my bed time. He did have some when it was hot out of the oven. I didn't see the corner he had scooped out. We had more last night. It came out pretty good.

Jewelry: I make woven beaded bracelets, as well as simple strung ones. My biggest hit at the craft fairs are memory wire bell bracelets. I'll see what i have in pictures and post them this week.

J - heck no that isn't wrong. I started craving those delectable fair delights as we were walking away from the fair grounds last year. And driving by the fair at any point during the year actually makes me salivate like a good little pavlov dog.

Jay - had it not been so late I would have had blueberry smears all over my face.

Graymama - I am all over having a snickers on a stick for you. I'll take one for the blogging team if I must :-)

Unknown said...

My son so wants to make some deep-fried twinkies..like I really need those calories!

people are mean to pets because they want to control something and people would bash them in their faces..they pick on the little ones..bastards..