Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Hump Day Ramblings of Newt

We have had chats before about good commercials. And last night I was reminded of a very good campaign.

One that seems to be making a come back is the Bridgestone “And the wheels go round” with the flashy dancers moving flawlessly around and through spinning tires. This I think is one of the most beautiful and interesting campaigns for something as mundane as tires. Sure they could have gone with the panicked soccer mom in the SUV barely escaping certain death because her tires caught the road but instead they went with a flashy, interesting and quite addictive little number. I sit enthralled by these commercials because the fluidity they manage to create between dancer and tire is awe inspiring.

Alert Alert: Girly moment coming – boys you have been warned!

I treated myself to these little numbers last night. They were 70% off as a season end clearance sale. I am not one to worry about labels and I go by a quantity vs. quality philosophy in shoe buying but these were TOO cute not to get. And SOOOO me. I had to do it. I just had to.





Ok, girly moment over – normal blog will resume

Last night I watched yet another funny and wonderful episode of Eureka. If you haven’t caught it, do so. It’s a total treat!

Funny line:
“So, Carver, when a lightbulb goes off in your head is it what 15 or 20 watts?”

**Snort** That lines cracked me up and rolled me right off the couch.

Then of course I had to watch Miami Ink. And damn them if they didn’t run two episodes. The first one was new, the second one was the first episode which I hadn’t seen. So that meant I went off to bed after 11. And of course I have to read before I fall asleep so that meant more like midnight. (normal lights out bedtime is 10:30)

We were woken at 3:46 this morning by the promised thunder boomie. It was absolutely fabulous. It was apparently raining in a circular fashion because every window around the house was rain drop covered. We ran around the house stumbling and grumbling to close all the windows. Sophie needed to run out and go potty. And then I did what all self respecting quality employee does. I set the alarm for an hour later. I just knew that between going to bed late and the hour or so I lost due to the storm, I just would be worth crap if I didn’t sleep a little longer.

Days till fair opens: 1

Days till I consume way too much fat on a stick: 4

Days till my own private blog con.: 7

3 comments:

Betty said...

Those are cute shoes, but if I tried to walk in them, I'd probably fall off and kill myself. I just stick to the "sensible" shoes and dream about the ones in your photo.

Jay said...

Most commercials are just so stupid. I really can't believe people get paid to come up with such moronic stuff sometimes.

I haven't seen the bridgestone commercial though.

Unknown said...

I love those shoes..your talking to a shoe addict here..and coach..very nice!

Since i became disabled I can no longer where all my shoes with heels :( I miss them alot.