Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Yo Ho Ho I could drink a bottle of rum

It’s been one of those weeks folks. And it’s only Wednesday. Not to do any excessive whining here or anything but dang! I actually had a distributor leave a V/M telling me that he was going to fly up to St. Paul and kick my $%&! Who says that sort of stuff?

We had a “town hall” meeting this morning in which the CEO told us how the company was doing. I have now discovered the difference between working for a 11 billion dollar fortune 500 company and working for a small family owned 30 million dollar corporation. The special effects and video for this meeting alone exceeded my annual income. Holy Hanna! For a minute I thought I was at my local Imax watching one of those high action speed films. With the racecars and jet airplanes, you know the ones I’m talking about. It was very impressive.

Don’t you love it when:

You have been learning something new and you work hard to absorb absorb absorb the information. Then one day you are helping someone with information related to what you have been learning and the most impressive stuff spews forth from your mouth. And you realize, Hot Damn, I actually learned something. Then, it even get’s better when the person on the other end of the conversation says “wow, it is so refreshing to be able to talk to someone that really understands the industry and the work I am doing.” - I had to give myself a pat on the back for that one! I started learning this specific industry in February and trust me, it might as well have been the physics of space travel. Cause I knew squat. Actually less than squat. And when millions of dollars are at stake over how the project turns out, it puts a little pressure on the old noggin of knowledge to do it right.


Random Newt:


6 days till tattoo time!

There are 420 books on my reading list
Of that I have read 85
55 of those books I have read since I created the list March 24th 2006
That means I read on average:
1 book every 2.5 days
2.8 books per week
12 books per month

At this rate I should be able to get my entire list read in 28 months (or2.3 years)
Of course that only works if I stop adding books to my dang list.

I got white meat peaches and nectarines at the grocery store last night. I haven’t had a white meat peach since I left New Jersey. I wonder if they are even close to as good as the ones that grow in Jersey?

I have discovered in my adult years that New Jersey was actually a great place to grow up. My only problem with it was that it was cold.

I sorta miss New Jersey

Each time I have typed “New Jersey” I have put an “a” in it. What’s that about?

I have a pink and purple beanie baby dog hanging over my computer screen.

My nails are getting so long I am having trouble typing. Maybe that is why I am spelling New Jerseay.

I used to bite my nails

I had a salad for lunch. I ate it at 2:30 – it’s 4:11 and I am starving………

2 comments:

Jay said...

Tell that guy who left you the VM to "bring it on!" haha

It's been my experience that the more elaborate the presentation by corporate bosses, the more bullshit they are trying to pile on.

I've never heard of white meat peaches. I'll have to look that up.

Anonymous said...

What tattoo are you getting again? A fairy?