Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Newt's Back

Wow, what a great weekend!

It was a great trip and that first dinner with my fellow bloggers was WAY too much fun. It's kinda strange to have so much built up in anticipation and then to finally walk around a corner and sit down at a table with people you "know" but have never met.

For me this trip was a reunion with an old and dear friend - Mike. And a chance to meet two on-line friends, Scott and Jay. And then a bonus was meeting Courtney and Charlie. All in all it was wonderful and a lot of fun.

Great conversations and great food seemed to be the theme of the weekend. Not to mention the honor of being a part of the opening of Scott's art exhibit at a local coffee shop. Which we celebrated with fabulous drinks made by the best mocha maker in Indy.

I can't wait to go back and visit again. Until then I have a fabulous momento of my trip. I bought a painting from Jay. It is a picture of what I call my happy place. A girl reading a book by a lake. It's just fabulous. And every time I look at it I will think of all the wonderful people that I met on my trip.

7 comments:

Jay said...

Glad to hear that you had such a great time on your trip. We all missed you! Welcome home.

Tink said...

Ooooh. I love art. Which painting did you buy?

Newt said...

Jay, thanks, it's good to be home - missed the hubster and the puppies a lot!

Tink: here is the link to Jay's work. I got the one called A Green Afternoon.
http://www.jayhowardcook.com/miscellanea.htm

Anonymous said...

Hey, it was really nice meeting you, as well! I emailed you back but got an out-of-office reply. Just to let you know I got your message and appreciate you taking the time to write. I'll send a photo once Charlie's all healed. :) -Courtney

Tink said...

Beautiful. I especially like "Firesky!" Have you picked out the place to put it?

Anonymous said...

You know that you're welcome back any time. Besides... you have to come back to teach that bracelet at Boca Loca

Kell said...

That's a beautiful painting! I love it.

Welcome back. We missed you! Glad you had fun.