Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Conspiracy Wednesday

Ok, so just when I thought it was safe to take off the tin foil hat blogger is out to get me again. I type up this whole interesting and must-read post and blogger will only publish half of it. I'm not alone in thinking the world is full of conspiracy. Just ask Betty. Seriously. My house was a total disaster when I got home last night and there was the faintest smell of cat pee (way to go Soc's). So the only explanation I can come up with is the men in black. I mean, there is no way that the hubster and I are just naturally that messy......................

Anyway, here is part two of the stuff I intended to blog today. There is also a MEME below. (hopefully)

Possible names if we adopt Cora:
Shatzi, Lexy, Chloe, Heidi, Abby, Bailey, Charlotte, Hailey
I have a feeling the hubster will want Shatzi or Heidi.

Book Worm stuff:
I’m very excited to start a book called The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde. He is one of the most creative and imaginative authors I have ever read. He writes a series based on a character called Thursday Next. I absolutely adore the books. So when he started a new series known as the Nursery Crimes I was thrilled. His books are incredibly fun to read. Give them a go. I know you will be glad you did!

Small Victories:
I accomplished something amazing and truly eventful today. I actually sorted and filed ALL my emails. I have a completely empty in box and sent box. You have NO idea how nice that feels. I have learned through experience to keep everything I send or receive when it comes to CYA at work. Of course someday that means they can hold EVERYTHING against me in a court of law but that’s okay. I’m covered for the immediate petty and pathetic issues that arise.

A Salute to Ben:
As personalized service goes the way of the do-do bird it’s nice when you come across someone that still believe in doing business the “old fashioned” way. In the skyway system here is the most amazing jeweler. His name is Ben and he’s the greatest. He can fix anything. I took a pair of earings in that my aunt had just sent me. It would have broken her heart to hear that one of the posts was bent so I took them over to see if Ben could fix them for me. He did. And he wouldn’t let me pay him for doing so.

A very good friend of mine is getting divorced. She had a mother’s ring with her children’s stones as well as her’s and her husbands. She asked Ben if he could put a different stone in place of the ex’s. He said he would do one better. He would totally design her a new ring if she wanted. He would melt down the gold and make her something new and even more beautiful. He is also replacing the stones because he said the ones in there were “no good”. He said that he wanted her to have a ring that made her happy, not one that reminded her of a past that wasn’t very good. Who does that anymore these days? I mean seriously? Who does that?

So should you need jewelry designed or repaired I know the perfect person. He has a good heart and a kind soul. Not to mention that he designs absolutely gorgeous jewelry.

Blog Stats:
August Blog Stats:
Top Countres outside US:
Australia
Germany
Canada
UK
Ireland
Netherland
I even had a hit from Ethiopia and Croatia

Top Search terms that brought people to my blog:
T&P lead roofing – huh?
The muse: bohemian black-tie event – Apparently other people heard what I planned to wear to the fancy wedding
I love juicy shoegasm – someone with a foot fetish perhaps?

September Blog Stats: (so far)
Top Countries outside US
UK
Australia
Ireland
Canada
Netherlands

Top Search terms that brought people to my blog:
California Newt Coffee Death : I can only hope for a death so cool
Social graces in a good personality: Why, thank you………I’ll take that as a compliment
Newt tink: Well, we are two bloggers that get along just smashingly.

That’s all the ramblings for today kids. So long and thanks for all the fish.

4 comments:

Jay said...

Good job on the email filing. It's very important to keep that organized. Like you said they can use it against you in court, but who cares. Going to jail isn't as bad as getting punked by smarmy co-workers.

Newt said...

Saz, I have to agree, she really doesn't look like a Cora. Sophie was Leah and Max had no name. Our kitty Cassandra was named Crawford (because of a beauty mark) and Socrates was named Smokey. After adopting Max my roommates and I would sit in the living room and shout out names to see if he ever lifted his head. We did this randomly for months. Just anytime a name came to us we would try it out. But whatever the heck it was we never guessed it.

Kell said...

I like Chloe! But I guess we'll see what Cora likes best.

Jasper Fforde is brilliant, isn't he? I just sit in amazement sometimes at some writers and what they can do.

BTW, I'm getting caught up on posts, so concerning you post before this--I have no doubt you will read more than 10,000 before you die at the rate you're going.

Tink said...

My vote is for Shatzi or Abby.

Ben the jeweler sounds like a truly amazing person. I wish there were more like him!

"California Newt Coffee Death" *Snort* So it IS possible to get too hyper.