Friday, September 29, 2006

Do the Happy Friday Dance


What's a Homie?

When I went to visit Mike in Indy we went to a local mall. While we were there he checked a bank of gumball machines for "Homies" I had never heard of them so he and Girl J enlightened me as to what they are. So this got me to thinking about what is and what isn't considered racist and or stereotyping. Given the seemingly widespread popularity of these things they must be OK. But why would these stereotyping toys be ok yet other things seemingly more benign set off race riots? I'm just curious. Oh, and Mike, if you need Tennishoe Pimp, I got him out of a gumball machine yesterday.

Crash!

While I was typing this a bird smacked into the window. There is still a greasy mark where he hit. And when he hit tiny little feathers exploded all over the place. Poor baby. I went out to look for the birdy but he was gone so I am assuming he/she is okay. Which brings me back to yesterday's talk about imagination. Of course when the poor little birdy hit I immediately had flashing images of several Looney Tunes moments. I'm not trying to make light of a poor birdy hurting itself, but I was amazed at what images flashed through my mind when it happened.

Crash #2

So, speaking of crashes I was cleaning out the office yesterday. Our office is the messiest and most disgusting disaster ever seen in a home. So as I am dusting and pulling stuff out of the room in order to access more piles of crap in the room I hear a tremendous crash and shattering noise. That is NEVER a good sound. So I go out to the living room to see what all the fuss is about. Well, the dang cat had tried to jump on the speaker which housed a crystal bowl filled with water, glass stones and a floating candle. Well, it used to house a crystal bowl filled with water, glass stones and a floating candle. Now all those said items were shattered all over my living room floor. Oh goodie. As if one complete and utter disaster wasn't enough I now have two going simultaneously. Yippe for me. And of course one is very critical because there is now water all over my wood floor. But for anyone that owns a cat you know that new, moved, rearranged, or piled is the most fascinating thing in the world to a cat. So as I was attempting to clean up the mess and keep all animals away from the broken glass I can hear them dumping, shifting, and making a general mess out of the other project. Sheesh. It was one of those moments that I wanted to stop the world so I could get off.

But we survived it all. The glass is cleaned up and the room is back to normal. Minus of course the crystal bowl filled with water, glass stones, and a floating candle. I should have known that it was a decorative luxury I couldn't have with senior fish breath in the house.

And then I remind myself what my dad and I always say to make ourselves feel better. Animals are living breathing things that give us pleasure and comfort. Whereas a house and all the possessions within it are just things. And those things mean nothing to us in the big scheme of life.

Today Lila and Caleb come to visit. (Hopefully) And C will inspect the house. I'm looking forward to seeing how they "look" in my house. Having two extra small little warm and fuzzies scampering around. I bet it's going to look great.

The hubster comes home tomorrow around midnight. Yippee. When we talked last night he said that he can't wait to get home to see his honey bunny (that's me). And that he was tired of traveling and just wanted to be home. And this came from a guy who is driving to Vegas as we speak with his best friends. On their way to smoke, drink, stick dollars in g-strings, and see Louis Black. Awwww how sweet is he?

Tonight I am going out with Boy J and R to Ikea for their meatball dinner. I shouldn't be so excited about that but I am. I love their meatballs. and even more I love that lingonberry drink they have.

Have a great weekend kids!

Cheers!

5 comments:

J-Funk said...

I'm doing a Happy Friday Dance right... NOW!!

Jay said...

Whenever a bird flies into a window I think of the movie "The Birds".

I love Vegas.

Have a great weekend.

Kell said...

Pets just bring a little excitement into our humdrum lives, huh? And two more will be more the merrier. Hope you have a nice visit.

Enjoy your homecoming. Mine's home tonight, and he's ready to be, too.

Tink said...

I'm doing the Friday-Hustle... out the door. He he

Pop me an email and let me know how the visit went. I'm crossing my fingers for ya!

1 more day!! If the house is a-rockin'. ;)

graymama said...

Hooray for your sweet man arriving home! :-)

I will have to remember the good aspects of having pets next time I am cleaning up cat puke. Thanks :-)