Tuesday, September 26, 2006

These feet are made for walk'n

Well, of all the sucky things one has to do for work today I had to force myself to go to Mall of America and prepare a plan for the next class. The mall is an excellent place for "real world" training in our industry. Each level is approximately 1 mile around. So to walk all three floors means 3 miles. Good excercise right?

Wrong. First of all I had, I repeat, HAD to walk past cinnabon. And damned if I forgot to have breakfast before I came. So of course I had to stop and get a cinnabon. That right there negated the calorie's burned on the walk. Then I went into B&N to grab the new paperback from George R.R. Martin. 3 count them, 3 books later I noticed the Star Bucks cafe and thought, wow, that would go really good with my cinnabon. So, even MORE calories consumed vs. used. But I was wearing a heavy sweatshirt and the mall was about 1,000 degrees so I did get to sweat a little. But due to the extremely warm conditions I felt compelled on level 3 to stop for a cold drink. Well, a cold fresh squeezed lemonade and a corn dog. So that really killed any health benefit from the walk. Dang..........

But I now have a floor plan we can walk. And I have two perspective restaurants to choose from for dinner.

I watched a funny but not very good movie last night - Mr. Wrong. With Ellen Degeneras (spell?) and Bill Pullman. Also arriving in the mail was disc 1, season 1 of 24. I'm almost glad I didn't get addicted till season 4. I have 72 hours to catch up on. Yippee.

I think I want to also add Scrubs to my dvd line-up. I watched a little of it last night and really liked it.

On the puppy front I talked with "C" today. She is Caleb and Lila's foster mom. She is coming over Friday afternoon to inspect the house. Bonus! She is probably going to bring Caleb and Lila with her. This way they can meet Sophie AND Max. I know they will be terrified and not social but still any excuse to see them. She said that she feels really good about them going to live with us. And I guess "L" the woman in charge of the shelter is very excited that we are taking them. "C" also told me that she is preparing herself for the pups leaving. She isn't sure how she is going to feel. They have been living with her for almost a year now. But I let her know that she is always welcome to visit. She thinks that would be nice especially since she adopted Becca who is probably Sophie's sister. So we figure we will arrange somewhat regular play dates for the dogs. She only wants to wait until we think Caleb and Lila are ready. She doesn't want to confuse them. So once they are adjusted and in love with the hubster and I then we can get back together with her.

Well, that's about all folks.

4 days till the hubster is home!

So long and thanks for all the fish!

5 comments:

Kell said...

Mmmmmmmm cinnabon. Mmmmmmmm Starbucks. Mmmmmmmm corn dog. Mmmmmmmm books! What other books did you get? And what does George RR Martin write?

graymama said...

Oh, the MegaMall. Hubby and I always avoided it like the plague. Although, we would have to go there to eat at the Rainforest Cafe for every wedding anniversary, since we ate there on our honeymoon in Disney. It is hard to enter a bookstore and only buy one book. I have gotten to the point now where I call ahead of time and put the book on hold, so I can't buy more books, I mean browse.

I am SO excited for your family expansion!!!! Puppies lots of puppies :-)

Only 4 days! You have done really well!

Jay said...

I think you were doing pretty good until you had the corndog. LOL ... I love cinnabon and I love corndogs. Not much for coffee though.

I would love to go to Mall of America. I don't know why, cause I really don't like malls that much. But, I want to see that one.

Newt said...

Kell, George R.R. Martin writes a series called Songs of Ice and Fire. It's a big epic story similar but less "fantastic" than Lord of the Rings and Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. It's an exceptional read. Amazing character development and he has an incredible ability to make the line between good and evil very very grey. So you flip flop your feelings about characters somewhat regularly. Just when you thought you loathed a character the person shows a vulnerability that throws you for a loop. I also picked up The Thirteenth Tale and the second book in the Deathstalker series by Simon Green.

Graymamma, The problem I have is the fact that it is by far the closest shopping center. It just doesn't make sense for me to go to a different one. (other than preserving sanity)

Jay, as much as the locals "loathe" the mall it's actually a pretty cool thing to see. The amusement park in the center and Lego land are pretty spectacular to see the first time. We now take a class to the mall and I love to watch their reactions, even the men (and the class is mostly men) do a bit of looking up and around in amazement.

Saz, hey, glad I could set you on a craving. I haven't had one in ages and ages. And damn if they weren't as good as I remember.

J-Funk said...

I like your blog. But, I can't imagine for the life of me why you would go walk around the Mall of America for work. I will have to read more to find out. I lived in the Twin Cities for 6 years and never met anybody who went there voluntarily, so of course you are very interesting now.