Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ahhhh, almost Friday

So, this is who I am going to meet tomorrow. This is the little peanut I have been in love with for a year now. Can you blame me? And the picture below is both her and her brother that comes with the package.

I watched more good movies last night. They are "older", I've got a lot of cinema catching up to do. First I watched "Chicago" and that was fun. Then I watched "The Replacements" and that was also a pretty good laugh.

I gave up on the book I had been reading and got through the majority of a short story collection called Loot by Nadine Gordimer. It's ok. Nothing fantastic. No recommendation here.

With the hubster out of town I have free use of the remote as well as dinner selection. For the past couple of nights I have had steamed vegetables with cheese sauce. For some reason that just sounded good. It was also a change to watch Eureka from start to finish without having to flip back and forth between the show and Star Trek. But, I'd rather he be home

Oh, yeah, 9 days till the hubster is home!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww I remember her. She's adorable

Jay said...

I can see why it's such a tough decision as to what dog to get. She's pretty cute. And you've been thinking about adopting her for a year?

Tink said...

I remember her now too! She is adorable. Two though... You've got a tricky decision on your hands girl.

YAY! Only 9 days left. Just enough time to let your leg hair grow wild before you have to shave it again. ;)

graymama said...

SO cute! I can see why your decision is a challenging one.

Glad you are finding some newt fun :-)

Only nine days until you get a hug, or maybe even a little bit more ;-)

Newt said...

Jay, yes, she first showed up last fall but I had a business trip to take and she only trusts women so I didn't want to get her then leave on her for 2 weeks. While I was gone she got adopted. But got loose and was running for 2 weeks. When they caught her she went back up for adoption and has been avail. ever since.

Tink - LOL I was just talking about leg hair today with girl J. She was talking about needing to shave and I was saying Ha Ha, I'm off the hook for 2 weeks :-). But since I gross myself out I still shave every day

Greymama - yeah, I'm finding ways to stay occupied. Between catching up on movies, cleaning, and playing with the pups I'm managing. :-). I always try to find the good things about alone time. Even though I will break into moments of wwwhhiiiinne.

Kell said...

Oh my gosh! They are so cute. I'm thinkin' you're going to have to do it, Newt. Just so cute.

When my hubby's gone I tend to eat popcorn or go out for seafood becasue he doesn't eat seafood. And I watch movies he doesn't like, too, which would mean any movie that isn't sci-fi or has a lot of explosions. But I like those movies, too!