Monday, September 25, 2006

My Sunday Best

Sunday was one of those perfect days. I sell my jewelry at craft shows Oct., Nov., and Dec. And I needed to make some stuff. One of the requests I get every year is more earrings. So I made a bunch. But it’s slow work and not my favorite thing to make. So to combat that I loaded up the DVD player. And throughout the course of the day I inundated myself in chick flicks. A full day of romantic comedies. Here’s what I watched:

While you were sleeping
Love Actually
Two Weeks Notice
Bridget Jones
Bridget Jones #2
Someone like you

Yep, all in one day. Starting at around 9 and going till after 10 last night.

I stopped only to run to the grocery store and mow the lawn. Oh, and to watch the Simpsons.

5 days till the Hubster is home.

To top off a really nice weekend I found out something that made me smile just a little bit. A long time ago someone had said something very hurtful to me. Without going into a lot of detail I was smugly satisfied to hear that the Karma Cow came through for me. And got that person back. I love the Karma Cow. The Karma Cow works in mysterious ways………………..






On another note Here are pictures of my intended tattoo. I am going to have the idea of the swirly smokey bird pictured left. But the bird looks too robin like, I want it to be more eagle looking as pictured below:


6 comments:

Jay said...

WOW! A hole day of chick flicks. That sounds so .. uh ... well ... uh .... fun? LOL

I love it when the Karma Cow comes back on people.

That tat is going to be super cool.

Oh and thanks again for the banner. Come on over and check it out!

Kell said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Cool movies.

We should all give thanks to the Karma Cow. I love it when that happens.

Very cool tatoo. Can't wait to see it done.

Tink said...

At least three of those movies are on my all time favorite chick flicks list. I watch "While You Were Sleeping" and "Love Actually" every Christmas.

I LOVE the whispy drawing. Is that going to be hard for them to recreate in ink?

Only 5 more days, YAY! Just enough time to try out all 31 Baskin Robin Flavors... Although you just might get sick. ;)

gawilli said...

Hey, Jay's banner is very nice!

Newt said...

Jay, I think a romantic comedy marathon would be good for you. Get in touch with your feminine side :-)

Kel, yes, the Karma Cow is the best. Of course by saying that I have to equally respect the times he bites me in the bum.

Tink, I'm crossing my fingers he can do whispy. And we don't haveBaskin Robins here. Sigh.....so I have to settle with spending my evenings with every womans favorite men Ben and Jerry.

gawilli, thanks! It's fun. I'm not super good at this yet but I am figuring stuff out slowly but surely.

Saz, yes it was me.

graymama said...

I am so excited about your tattoo! I have a love for the phoenix legend.

You must post pics of your crafty goodness :-)