Friday, September 08, 2006

Friday Ramblings

Before going to the farewell party last night I went to Borders. I had gotten a gift certificate for my birthday and thought I would put it to good use. While I was there I realized that book stores are one of the most relaxing places I go to. I feel completely at peace with the world and any cares or worries I might have are completely forgotten. I loose track of time too. I think I could have stayed in there all night and never gotten bored.

So, where is your favorite place to loose yourself?

*********************************

At lunch today I will give the shelter a call to ask about Cora. I've been having second thoughts though because I don't know if it would be fair to Max and Sophie. I mean, they already act starved for attention. What if there are now three to compete for loves? And at what point do I become the crazy pet lady? Most people think we are already there. And they are probably right.

*********Warning*********Girly TMI Moment*************

I can feel my hormones getting all squirrelly on me. You know, those days when the commercials on t.v. make you cry. And the songs on the radio. And the dead animal along the side of the road. I think that means I need chocolate.

***********OK, TMI moment over***************

My shirt is missing a button. So everyone can see my belly button if I am not careful.
That's probably another TMI thing right there. Sorry, bout that.

***********************************************

And once again I have to say that I got a kick out of being a girl that can operate heavy machinery and make it look easy. It's an ego boost. I admit. Teaching a room full of big burly men how to work a floor machine is more fun than I want to admit to. Me, the girl, held the machine in place for them while they got a feel for how it runs. The guys are great sports and don't really mind the fact that a girl is holding the machine in place for them. Someone had to do it for me too a few months back. But still, when a girl can be the tough/experienced one in a man's industry, it's a bit of a high.

**********************************************

I miss the people I spent time with in Indy. I really had a great time and got to know some amazing people. I look forward to going back.

*********************************************

I wish you all a wonderful weekend.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

8 comments:

Jay said...

I love museum/presidential libraries/historical sites. I can spend all day at those places and it won't feel like I've been there more than a few minutes.

Kell said...

Book stores and libraries for me. I also love going to museums--any type. I just love to linger.

Tink said...

I agree with Jay and Kell... plus parks and the beach. I hope your weekend goes well! Go grab yourself a Hershey bar. :)

Anonymous said...

Saying "no" to a new baby has got to be one of the hardest things to do. Although, as some point you have to say no. Everyone has a different point...I hate that *I'm* the one who has to be the voice of reason.

I'm right with you about bookstores and libraries. We take the whole family then split up. Very calming...

OK...what's with the fish I feel like everyone knows something and I'm left out!

Newt said...

Jay, Kell, Tink,and Susan: So really if we all got together and went to a museum we could pretty much live there and be happy. Cool. I knew I loved you guys for some reason.

Susan "So long and Thanks for all the Fish" is from The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. The dolphins on earth know that something bad is going to happen so they leave the planet and as they float off into the sky they sing a song about "So long and thanks for all the fish" I just watched the movie while I was in Indy and it has stuck in my head. Plus now that Jay has talked about having a sign off for your blog I figured I might as well stick with it.

willi said...

Borders is a good place to relax. For me it's any record store. I especially like Ear-X-Tacy in Louisville, Ky.

I had a similar experience with a buffer in the seventies at the Wesley Foundation in Fayetteville, Ark. Eventually I learned to let the buffer lead. I was buffing the floor with one finger on the machine before the semester ended.

Newt said...

Welcome Willi- we always tell the class that once they get the hang of it they will do it one handed, drinking a cup of coffee, listening to the Ipod and even working the squirt bottle of floor buffer solution. So far I can only really handle the machine, Ipod, and buffer solution. I'm not brave enough yet to add the coffee.

gawilli said...

Borders is great, but we always come out with more cd's than books. I get lost in the racks of music.

But hey, the important thing here is I didn't know that willi did floors. Hrmph.