Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Heartfelt thanks

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your kind thoughts and words over yesterday's post.

11 Days till the hubster returns.

Dog dilemma still unsolved but we'll get it figured out.

I watched an interesting movie last night. It's called June Bug. And it is about a couple from Chicago that go down south to meet with an artist that she thinks would be a great discovery and boon for her art gallery. While down there they go to his family's home. His family is from a small town in the south, they don't have extensive educations, nor do they have glamorous high paying jobs. The story is about the family meeting the beautiful, kind, intelligent, and seemingly glamorous new daughter in law. The movie is like a lot of good indy films. It tells a story, the editing and cinematography are far more basic than your normal blockbuster. But I think everyone that sees it can relate in some way to what goes on in the story. This is not action packed, and at times it moves a bit slowly, but I found myself fascinate, frustrated, encouraged, and angered by the characters in the film. And to me that is a good film.

My dad was the one that told me to watch the film. I talked with him last night and let him know that I had it. He said, oh good,and when you are done call me, or call me tomorrow and tell me what characters you liked. I thought it was a strange thing for him to fixate on, that is, until I actually watched it. And just when I thought I knew who I liked and who I didn't the characters would do something to alter my impression.

Tonight I am going to the Wild pre-season game. It should be fun. My friend Boy J got tickets from his future father-in-law. They are on the club level. This will be very cool. All the good food and drink are on the club level but of course access is restricted. One of these days I'm going to figure out how to score tickets in the company suite and then I can return the favor and take Boy J to a game.

To cute: My lil Sophie girl is "sleeping" while her kitty Soc's is laying on top of her and cleaning her. He's actually laying all the way across her back. She's just laying there with her eyes closed. He's cleaning her ears, her head, her bum. He's too cute.

Yeah, I know, if I only had a digital to capture the moment for everyone.

Cheers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I remember correctly, I hated Ashley at first but wound up liking her best, along with Madeline. It's been too long since I last saw it to really remember many of the cast. Now I'm gonna wait for your review of Interstate 60.

Btw... have you ever watched a flick called "skipped Parts?" it's quite good too.

Tink said...

YAY for the countdown! 11 days is just enough time to get used to having the WHOLE bed to yourself ;).

This is the second time this week someone has mentioned the movie, "June Bug." I think I'm fated to go buy it this weekend. *Shrug* Any excuse to go to the discount movie/music store will do.

Jay said...

If you have a real reaction to a character then somebody is a doing a good job in that movie or show. I love it when people say they won't watch something because they hated someone in another movie. When I ask them about it they usually say "that character was such a jerk" or something like that. So then I'm like "well he/she did a good job then right?" Getting an emotional reaction to a character is pretty cool acting/writing/direction job.

Have fun at the hockey game.

Newt said...

Mike: I'll make sure both of those movies are on my list. I think Chum Scrubber is coming soon.

Tink: Glad to give you a good excuse to go play in a fun store.

Jay, I'm guilty of that now and again. I think the problem stems more in always seeing the person in that roll no matter what else they do. I had a serious problem with Bull Pullman after his roll in Sommersby. I love him as an actor it just took awhile to shake the character he played. He totally "fixed" the feelings with While you were sleeping. He's one of my favorite actors he just did too good of a job playing a jerk.

graymama said...

I will have to check out that film :-)

I am SO jealous that you went to a Wild game, even though it was a preseason game. No NHL teams here, AHL team is 1.5 hours away, and the college team is not my Gophers :-( I hope you had a FABULOUS time!!!!

You need a camera! I want cute animals pictures :-)