Thursday, September 07, 2006

Thursday Ramblings

Phew, get back into town and go right into a seminar. Keeps me very busy and makes the week sure go fast. Every month I work with a couple of people and we teach a class. At the beginning of the month I took the reins on the class and am now responsible for it's set-up and communications. All went well and I got rave reviews from the attendees. Well, except for one and I don't think anything makes him happy. Of course I got a few curve balls. 5 people showed up that we didn't expect. So of course the other instructors look at me like I should have known. Only I had been told by the department they worked in that no attendees would be coming in Oct. due to a convention they all had to go to. Nice. But we managed just fine. That's part of what I like about the people I work with from this group, we are very fluid and adjust well to whatever circumstances we come across. The only complaint I have is that one of the other instructors tends to be a drama queen as well as totally incapable of thinking and problem solving. So in the morning he called me 6 times about all sorts of stuff. "I can't find any more bags." so we tell him there is a sealed box of them in the store room. "No, we looked, they aren't there, so I guess that means this group doesn't get any, see, these are the things we need to work on" so we tell him that we have a case sitting in front of us and we will bring them to the class with us. An hour later he tells us he found them in the storeroom. Then when we got to the restaurant (it's a new place that we were trying for the first time with a group) we were at the place 20 minutes early. Well, as can be expected they weren't ready for us. And of course my little drama queen thought it was the end of the world. Well give me a break. He was somewhat against the restaurant to begin with so this was just about the nail in the coffin no matter how unreasonable it was of him to decide that. We were early for cry'n out loud. And a big group. Of course it would throw them.

Anywho, the attendees all gave me big hugs last night and thank yous and said they had a great time, that the food was great, and that the seminar has been very well organized. So I'm not worried. I'm kinda proud of my self for my first run at something that before me had been totally chaotic and half hazard.

For Saz:
I am going to call the shelter this afternoon about her. And then my hubby and I will go see her tomorrow or over the weekend. As I type this I am watching my little Sophie Princess chew on her foot and lick it. She's so cute. God I love that dog. Now she is looking at me with those cute little puppy dog eyes. Oh, I gotta go give her a kiss............................

****elevator music plays while I pause to go give my pup loves********

Aside from that, not much to report up north here. The weather is beautiful. Warm and sunny. Thank god. For a few days there I was panicked and thought we were in for an early early cold fall.

Well kids, I have to get ready and head over to day two of our class. After that I am heading to a bar and grill for a farewell party for one of my hubster's co-workers. I like the guy. It's unfortunate that he is leaving. They have now lost several executives because no one likes the president of the company. It's sad really. I guess the hubster heard rumor that 6 more are going to be heading out the door as well.

Until tomorrow:

So long, and thanks for all the fish.....................

4 comments:

Jay said...

It you put together corporate seminar or classes with ony one complaint from the guy who always complains then you are brilliant. I've rarely been to those things when they are actually organized and informative. The places I've worked they have always allowed the most unorganized person to put those on. Good job!

I actually get a kick out of drama queens like the one you described. I consider them to be the entertainment.

Kell said...

There's always at least one, isn't there? But it sounds like you did a great job.

Hope to hear about your new addition to the family soon.

Tink said...

I think they all get together before the seminar and vote on who's going to be the asshole. Because every large group has to have one. Otherwise the balance of the universe would be destroyed.

YAY. I'm so glad you guys are adopting that lil' cutie. We want pictures!!

graymama said...

Glad the seminar is going well :-) I am ready for cute pics!