Friday, September 22, 2006

Captain Morgan meets Victoria's secret - and not in a good way


Yeah, I had a little captain in me this morning. But not the way you think. I was turning off my computer to go take a shower. I was still in my pj's. Which is actually a pink flannel nighty from Victoria's Secret. So it's kinda short and a little sexier than the normal flannel nighty. Anyway I wasn't paying any attention to what I was doing. I grabbed the computer and while standing up attempted to shut it down. To balance better I put my foot up on the ottoman - yep, the Capt. Morgan look. Only I looked up and realized that my drapes were WIDE open. And the mail man was standing right in front of my window putting the mail in the box. He kinda looked twice at me, smile and left. I fell down dead from embarassment. Before falling I at least confirmed that I didn't have anything "showing". phewwwwww

Well, then I head for the shower. And yes, you guessed it - half way through soaping up the door bell rings. Shit, I forgot I wsa getting a delivery sent from Mom that I had to get. So I rinsed off quick as I could, dried off, threw on a robe (A full length one mind you), tossed the hair up in a towel and ran for the door. And yes, it wasn't the UPS guy like I thought it would be. It was the same mail man. So now I'm dripping wet in a robe. Bless him for not saying anything or breaking out into hysterical laughter.

Needless to say I think I gave a new meaning to desparate house wife.

So, now that i have shared my humiliation with the world, on to other stuff.

Well, I met Lila. And she's the cute little peanut I hoped she would be. Her brother Caleb is also a doll. They are still too shy around strangers to approach me. I got to pet him a tiny bit. And I got to hold Lila but that was about all. As long as the hubster is okay with it, they are coming home with us. Probably next weekend or soon after.

On the "way cool" side of all this they looked into Sophie's background before I came over. And sure enough she is from the same puppy mill as Lila and Caleb. Not only that but the foster mom I met with today has another dog from that raid that she actually adopted. Her name is Becca. (Coincidence?) And looking back at the records they are betting that Becca and Sophie are sisters. So we are looking very forward to going back next weekend. We can't wait for Sophie to meet the dogs. Becca was exactly like my little Sophie girl. Unfortunately Becca was one of three dogs (Lila being another one) that they left with the man when they took all the other dogs. It wasn't till a year later that they went and got more dogs. That time they took Becca and Lila. So those little peanuts actually spent a year longer in those horrid conditions. That is probably why they still have major trust issues.

The woman "C" is a very nice lady and we got along really well. She is thinking about writing a book about the life of these dogs. So she's very excited that I'll have three of the dogs. And I'm very willing to share everything with her. Progress they make etc......

I talked to the hubster this afternoon and he's very supportive of my insanity. He's also very curious to meet Sophie's sister. He thinks it's awesome.

Aside from that, Life is good. The weekend is almost here and I have a ho-ho with my name on it.

3 comments:

Jay said...

So you are going to adopt the brother and sister doggies? That's great. You'll help them through their trust issues and they'll be so much happier now. Cool new layout for the blog. I keep wanting to do something too, but I'm afraid I blow my blog up and send it screaming off into cyber oblivion.

Kell said...

It's fate! You were meant to get those dogs. Can't wait to hear how they are doing.

Love your mailman story. You gave him a good story to tell, too. Your just a giving person, huh.

Have a great weekend.

graymama said...

Thanks for the giggle :-)

Hooray for doggies!